Chloe Bennet Talks CAPTAIN AMERICA 2/ S.H.I.E.L.D. Crossover, Future Guest Appearances
Chloe Bennet further teases the connection between Agents Of SHIELD and Captain America The Winter Soldier as well as a new guest which made her go "full fangirl". Additionally, the show runners discuss the remainder of this season.
With the reveal and preview at the end of this weeks episode of Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD, many fans may be diverting the majority of their attention to the many possibilities lying outside of our world in the MCU. 'Agent Skye' actress Chloe Bennet however, feels that we may want to keep an eye on what's happening on planet earth, at least for the next month or so. ""If anyone sees a trailer for 'Captain America,' you'll notice that SHIELD is a huge part of what is happening in the movie, just by all the talk of SHIELD and all the SHIELD logos everywhere, so definitely there's a crossover of things happening. I can't tell you how much, but I can tell you that it is insane."
She continued, speculating that there may be more than one episode tying into the upcoming political thriller. "It will heavily affect our characters, I think. Everyone, definitely go see 'Captain America 2' and then you're going to definitely want to watch our show before and after."
With only eight episodes remaining in the season, and characters such as Lady Sif, Deathlok and Nick Fury already appearing in the show, Bennet made sure to let fans know that one of the best guest is yet to come. "The person is awesome, but I cannot tell you who it is." She continued "The person walked into the trailer and I [screamed] and I started freaking out and I jumped on the person, and I didn't know them and then I was like, 'I saw you driving once,' and then that person got a little weirded out. Our fans particularly will like a certain guest star that is coming up soon."
In addition to Bennet, the show runners Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen recently sat down with Comic Book Resources for a fan Q&A.
Here are the highlights:
- On the issue of what pre existing MCU characters they can and cannot use: "The only issue we ever have is scheduling. The actors who play these characters are very talented and busy people."
- Joe Quesada and Jeph Loeb give them notes and input on the show, but do not write any of the episodes
- More of Agent May's past will be explored by the end of the season
- They would neither confirm nor deny a possible appearance of Coulson's often mentioned 'Cellist' ex-girlfriend, but did say: “We do have an ‘expert’ giving an ‘actress we love’ a crash course of ‘cello lessons.’”
- On the possibility of S.H.I.E.L.D. interacting with S.W.O.R.D. and other organizations from Marvel canon - " It's not the only organization in the world and we have plans to meet up with other organizations throughout the world, though probably not until a second season."
- Lastly, with the repeated mentions of 'Professor Vaughn' and Agent Ward's tormented family history, Whedon was asked if there is any chance of 'Quasar' or 'The Punisher' appearing in the show, to which he replied with a laugh: "No comment"
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 1, episode 15, “Yes Men,” will air on Tuesday, March 11 at 8:00 p.m. on ABC.
: ComicBookMovie.com is protected under the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) and... [MORE]