FAN-ticizing: One Fanboys DC Animated features Wish-list
• The Flash: The Flash seriously needs some DC animated lovin’. How is he the only main Justice League member (a part from Martian Manhunter) to not even have a short featuring him? I would love to see them adapt one of Geoff Johns’ Flash graphic novels. I loved his work with Wally West (especially Blitz and Ignition) as well as his Rebirth story-arc. Also, it’d be cool if they used the Flash armor from DCU Online for The Flash’s costume. That costume looked pretty B.A. Either way, I really want to see more of the Flash in future DC Animated Features.
Hello, gang, Marxman12 here with a little ol’ wish-list of animated features I wish DC would consider. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the DC animated films (with the possible exception of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and Superman: Doomsday). Here is my wish-list:
• Swamp-Thing: I think if DC approached the Swamp-Thing like they did ‘Gotham Knights’ and ‘Emerald Knights’ that that would be awesome. Several short features that connect into a single narrative would be the best way to approach the character. I don’t have any story-arcs or ideas that I feel attached to but it would be cool to have John Constantine in one (or more) of the short features within the full-length film. The reason I think this would work best is because it would allow for multiple “takes” and perspectives that could appropriately build upon the mysteriousness, horror, and drama of the character.
• Green Arrow: Year One: I really loved the Year One graphic novel by Andy Diggle. It’s like DC’s version of Rambo. I thought it was a semi-realistic approach to the character and I would love to see the Green Arrow have a full length feature. Neal McDonough did a good job voicing Green Arrow in the Green Arrow animated short and I’d love to see him voice Oliver/Green Arrow again.
• Batman: Hush: This is one of my favorite Batman graphic novels. And, yes, I know. I know. The Batman has already received a lot of DC lovin’. That’s why I think ‘Hush’ actually has a real shot at being produced. I think a full length animated feature on ‘Hush’ would be epic. It features a wide array of Batman’s rogues as well as introducing us to a new rogue (Hush/Thomas Elliot).
• Superman: Brainiac: Again, I know. Superman has got a lot of DC lovin’ as well. But as I wrote about Batman: Hush, I think Superman’s popularity could make a Superman: Brainiac feature possible. I loved Geoff Johns’ take on the Brainiac character. I think Brainiac is one of those DC baddies that needs more attention. As a side note, I really hope Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel does well as I would “die-and-go-to-heaven” if Brainiac were a sequal villain (and not in a “Superman: Lives” kind of way).
• More Wonder-Woman: I really enjoyed the solo Wonder-Woman movie. It was pretty good. I’m not a huge fan of the character but the solo film really opened me up to her character. I saw a lot of potential for further sequels (heck, the ending to the Wonder-Woman animated feature was practically a tease for a sequel) but it seems DC has dropped the ball on this property.
These are just a few of my ideas. I’d love to hear your thoughts. And, please, if you have any ideas for DC Animated film, and I know you guys do; please share them.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "safe harbor" provisions. CBM will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please contact us
for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. You may also learn more about our copyright and trademark policies HERE