My 20 Greatest movies of all time!
As someone who has well over 2,000 movies in his collection, which fills my walk in closet almost to the point of not being able to fit any more, I feel that there are 20 movies that transcend the test of time. Not all of these movies are comic book related nor are the majority of them so if you're here looking for a list of comic book movies then turn back now... you have been warned.
I give you the run down of my picks for the 20 greatest movies of all time
20. Office Space: Anyone who's ever worked in an office or call center knows that Office Space is the essential movie to watch. Even if you work at Wal-Mart, this is the movie for you. Everyone has those bosses who who don't communicate and tell you the same thing over and over and over... And just like in the movie, everyone wants to rip off their shitty employer and burn the place down. Love it!
19. Uncle Buck: I think the picture speaks for itself.
18. Waiting: Having worked in plenty of restaurants, this movie brings back so many memories… The penis showing game, getting drunk, getting stoned getting laid by a different woman every week… What’s not to like about this movie?!
17. The Mighty Ducks franchise: Sure they may be kids’ movies, but Great kid’s movies that are absolutely hilarious and get you wanting the Ducks to fly together.
16. Problem Child 1&2: Seeing a child flip the bird, blow up his teacher while on the toilet and making Gilbert Godfried wanna give up his day job are just absolutely GREAT ICONIC scenes. Junior’s smile would give the Joker the chills.
15. Batman/ Batman Returns: The movies that brought comic books into the main stream. Tim Burton’s classics are what made comic book movies the thrill ride they are today.
14. Superman 1,2 &4: To me, 3 and Returns were a HUGE waist of time… however, the other 3 were great movies. I know many of you detested part 4 with the Nuclear Man, but I thought they were GREAT movies. Christopher Reeve showed us That A Man Can Fly.
13. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1,2 &3: From dropping Shredder in a trash can to Vanilla Ice doin the Ninja Rap to going back in time and the TURTLE POWER live concert of the 90’s. Ninja Turtles were some of the greatest movies of the 90’s. Who’d a though Michelangelo would go on to become Booger in the Revenge of the Nerds tv series pilot.
12. National Treasure franchise: This generation’s Indiana Jones. I’m not quite sure what it is about these movies, but they deserve to be on the list.
11. Independence Day: They blow up the White House for God’s sake!
10. Stripes: Once again Bill Murray kills. Comedy, action, special effects, and nudity… what more can I say… oh yeah …
There she was just a-walkin' down the street
singin' do-wah diddy-diddy down diddy-do
snappin' her fingers and shufflin' her feet
singin' do-wah diddy-diddy down diddy-do.
9. Star Wars 1-6: I know many of you think episodes 1-3 were a huge waste of time… however I enjoyed far more than the original trilogy. The action, special effects, etc etc etc. Far better than Lord of the Rings or the Matrix. Darth Maul is one of the Greatest Star Wars characters ever, the only problem I had with it was the Maul didn’t last past episode 1 with the exception of a few novels where they turn him into a cyborg.
8. Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let’s do the Time Warp Again! Rocky Horror is a cult classic that has to be watched every Halloween. Is it the music? Is it the dancing? Is it Meatloaf? Or is it Tim Curry in drag bangin anyone he can? I don’t know about any of that, but it is a damn fine movie!
7. Pirates of the Caribbean franchise: What can I say about the Pirates that isn’t already known the world over? Johnny Depp pulls off an amazing performance each and every time, and to think he was originally gonna have a smaller role in the first movie.
6. Transformers Franchise: I know many of you will completely disagree with my inclusion of this franchise on the list, but I actually like them and can watch them back to back. The comedy, The action, the Drama, the Sci-fi special effects… These movies have my attention beginning to end.
5. Ghostbusters 1&2: I love these movies so much that I bought them twice (of course my former business partner stole my original copies). Sci-fi, action, comedy, and the paranormal… For years I along with most other fanboys out there have begged and begged and begged for a third movie to hit with all the original cast, because no one can replace Bill Murray. From perverted quips to his take charge attitude, Bill is the main reasons these movies did so well.
4. The Lethal Weapon Franchise: All 4 films in the franchise are loaded with action, comedy, story line, sex and violence. What more could any movie enthusiast ask for. Gibson and glover prove every time… THEY AINT TO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!
3. The Die Hard Franchise: Always in the wrong place at the wrong time… The Die Hard franchise can be summed up in 5 words “YIPPIE KI YAY MOTHER F*****!”
2. The Rocky franchise: Every Thanksgiving, whether it’s on tv or I put my collection in and press play, I absolutely have to watch them no matter how many times I’ve seen Rocky beat the Russian or Creed or even Mr T. Great film series. Hollywood has yet to capture the power of these films since their distribution.
1. The Back to the Future franchise: I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched this trilogy back to back… Back to the Future in my opinion is probably the greatest film series ever made. “When this thing reaches 88 mile per hour… You’re gonna see some serious Shit!” Well Dock Brown, Back To the Future has indeed hit 88 MPH! I’m not sure exactly what it is about the series that makes it such a great film, the comedy, the special effects, the chemistry between Fox and Lloyd or the delorean… Maybe for me, It’s a lil bit of everything.
(All site complaints should be sent directly to [email protected])
: ComicBookMovie.com is protected under the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) and... [MORE]