FAN-ticizing: One Fanboys DC Animated features Wish-list
Hello, gang, Marxman12 here with a little ol’ wish-list of animated features I wish DC would consider. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the DC animated films (with the possible exception of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and Superman: Doomsday). Here is my wish-list:
• The Flash: The Flash seriously needs some DC animated lovin’. How is he the only main Justice League member (a part from Martian Manhunter) to not even have a short featuring him? I would love to see them adapt one of Geoff Johns’ Flash graphic novels. I loved his work with Wally West (especially Blitz and Ignition) as well as his Rebirth story-arc. Also, it’d be cool if they used the Flash armor from DCU Online for The Flash’s costume. That costume looked pretty B.A. Either way, I really want to see more of the Flash in future DC Animated Features.
• Swamp-Thing: I think if DC approached the Swamp-Thing like they did ‘Gotham Knights’ and ‘Emerald Knights’ that that would be awesome. Several short features that connect into a single narrative would be the best way to approach the character. I don’t have any story-arcs or ideas that I feel attached to but it would be cool to have John Constantine in one (or more) of the short features within the full-length film. The reason I think this would work best is because it would allow for multiple “takes” and perspectives that could appropriately build upon the mysteriousness, horror, and drama of the character.
• Green Arrow: Year One: I really loved the Year One graphic novel by Andy Diggle. It’s like DC’s version of Rambo. I thought it was a semi-realistic approach to the character and I would love to see the Green Arrow have a full length feature. Neal McDonough did a good job voicing Green Arrow in the Green Arrow animated short and I’d love to see him voice Oliver/Green Arrow again.
• Batman: Hush: This is one of my favorite Batman graphic novels. And, yes, I know. I know. The Batman has already received a lot of DC lovin’. That’s why I think ‘Hush’ actually has a real shot at being produced. I think a full length animated feature on ‘Hush’ would be epic. It features a wide array of Batman’s rogues as well as introducing us to a new rogue (Hush/Thomas Elliot).
• Superman: Brainiac: Again, I know. Superman has got a lot of DC lovin’ as well. But as I wrote about Batman: Hush, I think Superman’s popularity could make a Superman: Brainiac feature possible. I loved Geoff Johns’ take on the Brainiac character. I think Brainiac is one of those DC baddies that needs more attention. As a side note, I really hope Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel does well as I would “die-and-go-to-heaven” if Brainiac were a sequal villain (and not in a “Superman: Lives” kind of way).
• More Wonder-Woman: I really enjoyed the solo Wonder-Woman movie. It was pretty good. I’m not a huge fan of the character but the solo film really opened me up to her character. I saw a lot of potential for further sequels (heck, the ending to the Wonder-Woman animated feature was practically a tease for a sequel) but it seems DC has dropped the ball on this property.
These are just a few of my ideas. I’d love to hear your thoughts. And, please, if you have any ideas for DC Animated film, and I know you guys do; please share them.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE