'World War' Hulk (Green Scar) vs. Darkseid
The Green Goliath vs. The Lord of Apokolips
"I didn't come here for a whisper. I wanna hear you scream."
'WORLD WAR' HULK
Height: 5' 9" 1/2" (Banner), 9' (World War Hulk)
Weight: 128 lbs (58 kg) (Banner), 1250 lbs. (World War Hulk)
Eyes: Brown (Banner), Green (World War Hulk)
Hair: Brown (Banner), Green (World War Hulk)
THE GREEN SCAR(WORLD WAR WAR): The Hulk of World War Hulk is a cunning and more powerful version than the previous incarnations, for he is the insanely enraged version of the "Gravage Hulk". His rage is at its most focused, due to meditation training by his ally Hiroim. This incarnation has extremely high durability. He has had training in combat arms, including broadswords, spears, and battle shields, and is a capable leader and strategist. Another source of the Green Scar's strength in comparison to other versions was his lack of inner conflict, if not alliance, with Bruce Banner. There were several instances where the Hulk and Banner worked together strategically, such as acting to disable Dr Strange. Caiera, the Green Scar's wife, understood Banner as well, and both personalities loved her equally. This was the driving factor in the Banner/Hulk alliance. As a result of being caught in the explosion of the warp core of his ship which brought him to Sakaar, which destroyed the planet, Green Scar's base level of strength was dramatically increased. He can lift well over 100 tons in a functionally calm emotional state. During a burst of unexplained anger from the Hulk in New York City, Professor X attempted to slow down the angered Hulk with intense power; however, the Hulk proved to be resistant to the Professor's psionic effects. The Green Scar reached a new level of anger at the end of World War Hulk, after his fellow Warbound Miek attempted to provoke him to destroy the world. At this level, he started to release huge amounts of gamma energy from within his body, devastating New York, and causing quakes across North America. It would have taken but a couple of footsteps from the Hulk to completely destroy the eastern seaboard. If he hadn't let himself be stopped, then he definitely would have lived up to his "Worldbreaker" title, and would have completely destroyed the Earth. After World War Hulk, Banner suppressed the Green Scar, preventing him from surfacing. He momentarily reappeared in battle with the Hulk's son Skaar, still identifying himself as the "Worldbreaker". He seems to have resurfaced after Bruce regained his Hulk powers, his anger tempered from its "Worldbreaker" levels by another confrontation with Skaar, and was proven even strong enough to take down the Red Hulk without much of a fight.
The Hulk is one of the most powerful beings in the universe since his powers increase with his rage, because of that he is capable of matching the power of beings like Thor and Silver Surfer.
Transformation: The process by which Banner usually transforms into the Hulk is presumably the result of the chemical catalyst, adrenalin (a.k.a. epinephrine). As in normal human beings, Banner's adrenal medulla secretes large amounts of adrenalin in time of fear, rage, or stress, which hormonally stimulates the heart rate, increases blood-sugar levels, and inhibits sensations of fatigue. Whereas the secretion heightens normal physical abilities in normal human beings, in Banner's case it triggers the complex chemical-extra-physical process that transforms him into the Hulk. The total time of transformation falls anywhere between seconds to 5 minutes, depending on the initial adrenalin surge, which will be determined by the original stimulus. Soon after the transformation, the amount of adrenalin in the Hulk will return to more normal, reduced levels. However, there were instances in which Banner became the Hulk without any discernible increase in heart rate or adrenal levels, suggesting that the true trigger mechanism into the Hulk is far more psychological than physical. When the Hulk transforms back into Banner, the excess muscle mass and energy is lost, presumably to the same place he derives it.
- Superhuman Strength: The Hulk possesses the capacity for vast levels of physical strength. The Beyonder once stated that the Hulk's potential strength is limitless. His vast strength has been additionally described as limitless. However, each of the core Hulk personalities possesses a base strength level. While in a functionally calm state, the Gray Hulk is able of lifting 70 tons, the Savage Hulk can lift about 90 tons, and the Professor Hulk can lift about 100 tons. The incarnation sometimes referred to as "Green Scar" is indeed the physically strongest of all the primary Hulk incarnations. After being exposed to energies from the exploding core of the ship that brought him to Sakaar, his base strength level was dramatically increased. While in a "calm" state, Hulk was able of lifting well over 100 tons. However, while he is in an enraged state, adrenaline surges through the Hulk's body increasing his strength considerably beyond his limits. Among his impressive feats of strength are supporting a 150 billion ton mountain, smashing true adamantium, fighting against the West Coast and the East Coast Avengers teams for a prolonged period of time despite being greatly weakened before the fight began due to separation from Bruce Banner, eventually knocking out the Human Torch, the Thing and the Invisible Woman, in a classic battle among Hulk and them, holding his own against Wonder Man, Iron Man, Vision and Scarlet Witch while the narration states that the Hulk's power is greater than their combined might, overcoming a energy absorption machine imbued with most of the combined power of himself, the Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange and Namor, destroying Crypto Man with three punches after he was boasted with strength greater than Thor's, overpowering Thor, knocking the Juggernaut to his knees with two blows, holding a black hole core with his bare hands, almost breaking the East Coast and threatening to break the entire planet by the sheer output of force from his body, overcoming a field of energy powerful enough to change the orbit of a planet, pushing a sphere of matter and a sphere of antimatter apart, destroying an asteroid twice the size of Earth due to his great physical toughness and to the impulse generated by the contraction and relaxation of his legs (the jets only maintained the impulse's speed), breaking a space-time barrier with only two punches, cracking Onslaught's armor after a greatly enraged Savage Hulk emerged, holding together the tectonic plates of a whole planet, destroying a device designed to fight against the Celestials and also sending concussive force throughout countless dimensions due only to his power because he remained untouched. Thor recognized that Hulk may be physically stronger. The Hulk also grows stronger the more radiation and the more dark magic he absorbs.
- Superhuman Speed: Regardless of his size, Hulk's superhumanly strong legs allow him to run at speeds that are far beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete. However this speed does not grant him any enhanced reflexes or agility as smaller foes exploit his size and use it to their advantage. Despite this however, he has been fast enough to catch mortar shells shot at him.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Hulk's body counteracts fatigue poisons that build up in his muscles during physical activity. In an enraged state, he is capable of exerting himself at peak physical capacity for several days before fatigue begins to affect him. However, much like his physical strength, the Hulk's stamina does increase as he becomes angrier.
- Superhuman Durability: In addition to great strength, the Hulk's body possesses a high degree of resistance to injury. The Hulk's skin is impervious to conventional blades, adamantium and vibranium being amongst the very few metals that are truly capable of piercing his skin. The Hulk is capable of withstanding high caliber bullets, powerful explosives, pressure extremes, falls from orbital heights, maximized heat without blistering, maximized cold without freezing, and great impacts. The Hulk has withstood the impact of a ground zero nuclear explosion and the full force of the Human Torch's Nova Blast, which has a maximum temperature of 1,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit, without sustaining injury. He was also able to withstand temperature hotter than that produced by stars, planet-splitting impacts, and a blast from Galactus. The Hulk's durability, much like his strength, is fueled by rushes of adrenaline while angry.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his high resistance to physical harm, it is possible to cause the Hulk injury. However, he is capable of regenerating damaged or destroyed areas of his body with far greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. For example, during a battle with Vector all of the skin and much of the muscle mass of the Hulk were destroyed. It took the Hulk moments to regain the mass and be completely healed. Hulk's healing factor enables him to recover from any physical transmutation. The Hulk also heals faster and more efficiently the madder he gets.
- Resistance to Psychic Control: In many instances, the Hulk has demonstrated great psychic resistance as a side-effect of his rage and the multiple personalities inside his mind.
- Immunity to All Diseases and Viruses: The Hulk is immune to all known Earth-based diseases and viruses, including AIDS. He can operate under intense conditions for extended periods of time due to his body not developing fatigue toxins quickly.
- Superhuman Leaping Ability: The Hulk is able to use his highly developed leg muscles to leap great distances. While calm, he is capable of leaping roughly 3 miles. However, as he becomes enraged, his strength increases considerably, which means he can jump much farther than usual. On more than one occasion, the Hulk has nearly jumped into o. The Hulk has also been known to cover a distance of 1,000 miles with a single leap. Other example of his leaping ability is shown when Hulk jumped on top of Mount Olympus from ground level, in a single leap. The Hulk also shows incredible precision with his ability to aim his jumps and landings. He has grabbed missiles of the air on multiple occasions and landed on tiny islands that were barely visible from the height he fell from.
- Adaptation to Hostile Environments: There have been several instances in the past where Hulk has not only spent extended periods of time in oxygen-less outer space without suffocating, but he has also moved his mouth and spoken in these environments. The Hulk's body is capable to adapt itself to new inhospitable environments whenever it is necessary. Like his healing factor, it is believed that this ability is also fueled by his rage and the madder the Hulk is, the quicker the Hulk's body will adapt.
- Underwater Breathing: The Hulk has been seen on the ocean floor a number of times so that he is capable to breathe due to his body developing a gland which creates an oxygenated perfluorocarbon emulsion which fills his lungs and equalizes the pressure. He is therefore able to breathe fluid and avoid decompression and nitrogen narcosis.
- Extrasensory Perception:
- Astral Form Perception: The Hulk has the unique ability of being able to see "astral forms"--or ghosts. This power has come in handy when working with his fellow Defender, Dr. Strange, who is able to leave his body in an usually invisible, ghost-like state known as an astral form. Banner subconsciously feared his father's ghost would come back to haunt him, and so Hulk developed this mechanism to allow him to look out for him. Recent events have shown that the power to see astral forms may now extend to Bruce Banner. However, it was suggested the clarity of the astral forms is diminished when compared to the Hulk's ability to view them. The Hulk's ability to see astral forms may go beyond just seeing individual spirits. Hulk once experienced a whole town in the middle of the desert that faded away into nothing. While it is possible it was merely a mirage, the issue suggests it is possible Hulk was able to see a town that didn't exist in our plane of reality that no one else could see.
- Homing Ability: The Hulk also has a seemingly mystical homing ability that enables him to locate the area in New Mexico where he first became the Hulk. This aplies even if he is in another dimension. An image of the Maestro once explained to Bruce that the reason he was able to do that was because the Maestro's spirit was there, calling to him. However, since the Maestro was resurrected the Hulk has continued to return to the gamma bomb site, suggesting that there is more to his ability than merely the Maestro's spirit. This homing ability has also been used to find people on rare occasions. For example, the Hulk was able to dig a tunnel underground exactly in the direction of Onslaught. While it is possible that Onslaught was mentally leading the Hulk to him, there were other instances of Hulk demonstrating this ability. Hulk's instincts led him to Rick Jones and Betty and the Hulk located the Abomination with no prior knowledge of his whereabouts.
- Gamma Radiation/Energy Manipulation and Emission: Not usually a power associated with the Hulk, but there is enough evidence that Hulk possesses at least a limited ability to manipulate forms of energy, particularly gamma radiation. The Hulk's body works like a "gamma battery" by creating and radiating gamma energy. Armageddon once wanted to use Hulk's own energy to power machines capable of bringing his son back to life. However, the Hulk outsmarted him by consciously force feeding his own energy into the machines at a rate too fast for them to handle and they promptly overloaded and exploded. He also generated massive amounts of gamma energy during World War Hulk. The extent to which Hulk controls his own energy, and foreign sources of energy, is yet to be determined.
"What will you do when your friends, your enemies, your lover, are all Darkseid? When there is one body. One mind. One Will. One Life that is Darkseid. Will you be the enemy of all existence, then?
Height: 8' 9"
Weight: 1815 lbs (825 kg)
Hair: No Hair
New God Physiology: The beings of Apokolips call themselves Gods and live outside of normal time and space in a realm called the Fourth World. These New Gods have evolved due to their close proximity to the Source, a primeval energy, believed to be one of the ultimate foundations of the Universal Expression of Energy, along with their superior technology, into beings of genetic stability and evolutionary perfection. The denizens of New Genesis are immortal, stronger, faster, and smarter than homo sapiens, despite their resemblance to the same.
Superhuman Strength: Darkseid has shown colossal strength that has even brought Superman himself down to his knees, though it should be noted that the Man of Steel has bested the God in some of their battles. His godlike strength allows him to break even the strongest of metals, and even the hardest of metals, once breaking a Green Lantern Ring with his bare hand. It is generally accepted that Darkseid is sufficiently strong to lift 100 tons with minimal effort and is among the universe's strongest beings.
Superhuman Speed: Darkseid can run and move faster than the any human ever could; however, Darkseid's speed is not comparable to Speedsters such as Superman or the Flash.
Superhuman Stamina: Unable to tire, Darkseid has a level of stamina that is sure to never run out. He can survive in a never ending battle for days if need be.
Invulnerability: Darkseid possesses a god-like level of invulnerability. He has taken countless powerful blows from Superman and other cosmic beings like Orion. He is completely impervious to most forms of energy attacks as well as physical blows. He however can be knocked around by beings with colossal strength and power. He is not completely invulnerable, however; massively powerful beings are able to hurt him. Superman once beat him into unconsciousness before burying him in the Source Wall, and Doomsday easily bested him in physical combat, going so far as to pierce his skin with his bony armor. Additionally, during the events of Countdown to Final Crisis, Darkseid was killed by his son Orion when the latter punched clean into Darkseid's chest and physically removed his heart from his body.
Immortality: As a New God, Darkseid is all immortal, unable to die of old age, or any other causes. His body is nearly impossible to destroy, and even if such would happen, Darkseid's soul/essence will live on forever, and find a new body.
Omega Effect: A great power that Darkseid has claimed for himself. The Effect can travel across time and pass through different universes, and can pass through nearly any known barrier.
* Omega Beams: He focuses this power as a form of energy that he fires from his eyes. This effect is not only a relentless attack, but it is capable of teleporting the target to any location Darkseid chooses and recall them later or erase the target from the universe and similarly reform them. Darkseid has pinpoint control over his Omega Beams, and his unerring aim allows it to travel in straight lines or bend, twist or curve around corners. It has been shown that the Omega Beams are ineffective against the bracelets of Wonder Woman, as they were created from the Olympian Aegis. He has claimed that no being had yet withstood the full force of the Omega Beam, but Doomsday and Superman nonetheless survived the attack.
* Telepathy: Darkseid is capable of forming telepathic links with seemingly any being in the universe.
* Mind Control: Ability to control the minds of others by sheer force of will. His ability to use this power is so great that he can dominate millions of beings all at once.
* Telekinesis: Darkseid is able to use psychokinetic attacks or attack the mind by simple thought. With this ability he is able to lift objects at will, as well as use them as projectile weapons or barriers. The limits to this power are unknown.
* Matter Transmutation: Darkseid is able to simply transmute matter by force of will.
* Molecular Dispersion: He is also able to dissipate and disperse the molecules of an object or organism, effectively erasing them from existence.
* Avatar Creation: A simple thought allows Darkseid to create liable avatars if/when the need arises.
* Psionic Possession: psychic abilities to possess an individual and negate any superhuman abilities they may have.
* Energy Manipulation: can also mentally control most known forms of energy, allowing him to erect protective force fields and project withering energy bolts.
* Teleportation: Darkseid is able to teleport himself or any other being simply just by thought or sheer willpower.
* Size manipulation: Darkseid has the ability to alter his body to grow to gigantic size.
Life Creation: He can create life and matter from nothing, as he did when he created the being known as Strayne
Time Travel: can travel in time as easily as any New God.
Dimensional Teleportation: He can traverse different dimensions.
De-evolution: As a New God, Darkseid has the omnipotent ability to devolve organisms, or completely revert the evolutionary pattern of an organism.
Genius-Level Intellect: Darkseid possesses intelligence that surpasses even the greatest minds in the universe. With this he is an excellent strategist, and has proven that not only sheer force of strength and power has aided him in battles.
Master Strategist: He is a master planner and strategist and his armies are nearly unbeatable under his leadership.
Intimidation: With his frightening visage and ruthless nature, Darkseid instills fear in friend and foe alike, something he no doubt enjoys.
Radion: Darkseid and all of the New Gods are vulnerable to a substance called Radion. It source is unknown and its effects are toxic only in sustained amounts or after explosive exposure. The average New God can be slain by an application of Radion from a Radion blaster or bomb. More advanced beings such as Darkseid, protected by their power, armor and sheer toughness, have been known to take two hits and survive. Perhaps it requires the mysterious Element X to create it.
Obsessive Personality: His obsession with finding the Anti-Life Equation, obsession to get even with people who have gotten the better of him. Meta-humans or other beings of colossal strength are able to hold their own in a fight against him.
Willpower Concentration: Darkseid requires an immense amount of willpower to perform a majority of his powers and abilities, should his willpower be disrupted in anyway, he is unable to completely focus on his own abilities and powers.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "safe harbor" provisions. CBM will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please contact us
for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. You may also learn more about our copyright and trademark policies HERE