Joe Letteri On IRON MAN 3, MAN OF STEEL, AVATAR And PLANET OF THE APES Sequels & More
WETA Digital's senior visual effects supervisor Joe Letteri discusses creating the visuals for upcoming films such as Iron Man 3, The Wolverine, Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes and Man Of Steel. He also offers an update on the Avatar sequels.
Speaking with Collider while promoting the release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, WETA Digital's senior visual effects supervisor Joe Letteri talks about some of the upcoming projects that the CGI studio is currently working. He offers an update on 20th Century Fox's Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes (which hits theaters May 23rd, 2014), and also reveals that WETA is only working on the early portions of Warner Bros.' Man Of Steel (June 14th, 2013). He additionally comments on working on such an iconic character as Superman. he also updates on James Cameron's Avatar sequels, saying that WETA isn't actively working on them beyond upgrading the motion-capture technology until the director gives him a complete story. Finally, Letteri confirms that WETA is working on Marvel Studios' Iron Man 3 (May 3rd, 2013) and Fox's The Wolverine (July 26th, 2013), but only on specific sequences. Below is Collider's full interview with Letteri, as well as a time index.
- :08 Gives update on Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes and talks the future of performance capture technology.
- 2:08 Talks about juggling multiple projects at the same time. Says they have visual effects supervisors that head up each project on their own.
- 3:48 Talks about working on Man Of Steel and tackling an iconic character. Says Weta is only working on the early portions of the film.
- 4:38 Talks about looking forward to working on Man Of Steel.
- 5:03 Gives an update on the Avatar sequels. Says they’ve been keeping them on a slow burn, working on upgrading the performance capture technology and visual effects for when Cameron comes to them with the complete story.
- 6:38 Talks about the films they’re working on right now. Says they’re involved with Iron Man 3 and The Wolverine.
- 7:18 Speaks about the challenge of crafting the armor for Iron Man 3.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE