Meet THE DARK KNIGHT RISES EPILOGUE Mr. Freeze
Deviantart artists KinJamin has released his newest piece to add to his The Dark Knight Rises Epilogue set and it's about Mr. Freeze. Click to find out how Freeze could work in The Dark Knight Trilogy's world, how the original Batman and Freeze met, how is Bane involved, and more.
A while back I posted about a set of fan made photos of an epilogue story of The Dark Knight Rises that feature many characters from the Batman universe. In the photo about you see the new Batman, Huntress, Damian Wayne Robin, Harley Quinn, a new Two-Face which is Jim Gordon’s son, and Batgirl. These characters were put together backgrounds and stories in a comic strip format. The deviantart member, kinjamin, created these characters and created a new character. He made Mr. Freeze. Here is his photo about Mr. Freeze and some notes about it below.
So some people on on the internets criticized me for straying from the Nolan "formula".. (because you know, they're friends with him or something.) So in good faith, I decided to take that input and completely throw it out the window. Ha - they're reeeeeeaaaally going to hate this piece. I presented both the past Victor (that faced Bruce), and the future Victor that will eventually face the new Batman..
- All jokes aside, high-end robotics are not that far off. We live in an age where drones and Big Dogs exist. Robotics to assist the disabled is not just some pipe dream. That being said, all my reference to the robotic bits were from actual current day robot armatures. I didn’t want to go the more sci-fi route and have pretty glowy panels everywhere (although there’s nothing wrong with that)
- Took a lot of cues from the animated series. Notably the 'Cold Comfort' episode where eventually, Victor isn't even human anymore.
- I know Nora survives in all her current incarnations, but I felt the tragedy of 'Heart of Ice' was that the viewer assumed Nora was dead (or was doomed regardless) - plus taking her out of the equation puts Victor on a spiraling downward path.
- Those are plastic prosthetics on Victor's jaw and ear. Took another cue from the concept art of Arkham City where pieces of Victor had fallen off from frostbite. They didn't go that route, but I liked the idea. And since this is a colder almost lifeless version of Freeze, I found it fitting.
- The 'nine' unconfirmed sightings of Batman is not some arbitrary number. I wanted to parallel the Twelve Labors of Heracles. (I'm counting the trilogy as three Labors.. hence there being nine Labors left).
- Really like the concept of the 2nd flashback panel where Bane is eerily looking at an almost mirror- image of himself in a deteriorating Fries. I ALMOST wanted to imply that future Mr. Freeze is not Victor - and is actually a preserved Bane using Victor's cryogenic tech. Oh I guess I just did. Ha! Kidding! Or am I?
Got to say, as a Mr. Freeze fan I’m happy how this turned out. What are your thoughts? Comment below. Peace.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE