Avengers Sequel Idea: Ultron and Civil War
My idea for the sequel to this year's big comic book blockbuster
This year, we as fans we're lucky to witness one of the greatest comic book teams finally assemble on screen: The Avengers! The film was a smash hit with both critics and audiences, and also went on to become the third highest grossing film of all time! Personally, it was my favorite CBM this year (all other ones, not including Ghost Rider: SOV (Yuck!), we're solid as well).
A sequel was announced not to long after breaking box-office records. The sequel was recently announced as being released on May 1st, 2015. With three years away, many fans will surely speculate what could happen in the sequel until the day it's released and we get to see for ourselves. Until then, we have Marvel's entire Phase 2 slate of films to hold us off!
Anyway, let's get to the point of this little article of mine! Now, many people have speculated that the Mad Titan himself, Thanos will be the main villain in the sequel, due to his appearance in the mid-credits sequence of the first film.
Now, while Thanos is my favorite comic book villain, and I can't wait to see him in full on mode on the big screen, I think they should wait to make him the villain in Part 3. Why do I think this, you ask? Well, according to Avengers writer/director Joss Whedon, he said that he would like to make the sequel smaller and more personal in tone from the first film. Unfortunately, Thanos is too big of a villain for a film of that tone. How could it play out? Well, I myself came up with an idea for the sequel that I think could fit in with Joss' idea (which I love!) and could make for an awesome film! Anyway, here it is:
* The film would have the main villain be Ultron, with elements of Civil War intact.
* At this point in time, other heroes, such as Hank Pym, will have been introduced into the MCU.
* Here's how I would imagine the plotline would go:
- Hank is working on Ultron near the beginning of the film.
- The government makes a statement that they want to pass the Superhuman Registration Act
- Some of the heroes are for the idea and some are against it.
- This leads to tension between the heroes and the creation of the Pro-Registration Side (led by Iron Man) and the Anti-Registration Side (led by Cap).
- Throughout the course of the film, the two sides duke it out. Some of the heroes are being torn apart inside, due to some of them fighting their own comrades.
- At some point, Ultron is activated and goes rogue, seeking to destroy humanity.
- Once all the heroes see what Ultron is going to do, they decide to set aside this conflict and work together to take down Ultron.
- Eventually, the heroes defeat Ultron and save the world once again.
- The thing with Ultron leads to all the heroes making up with each other and stop fighting over the SRA.
* That's the basic plotline, but I also had a side idea as well
- Since most people would expect Thanos to be involved, I though of this. Maybe Thanos is secretly the one who caused Ultron to go rogue. He does this as a way to distract the Earth heroes while he secretly looks for something on Earth (maybe an Infinity Gem) or secretly sets up an invasion.
EDIT: * I actually did some thinking, and if not Ultron and Civil War, then I think the film should be Ultron and the Masters of Evil. That could actually be easier to do.
Anyway, that's my basic idea for The Avengers sequel. What do you guys think? Do you like it? Not like it? Have any ideas that could make it better? Comment below and share your thoughts! Peace!
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE