Comic Book Commandments
your ol' pal preacherfanatic7 here, spreading the good word. This is the first part in a multi-part series on my religion, the comic book way. You too can join the way. Hit the jump for our rules.)
Long ago, when civilization was beginning, we worshiped Gods, they were the powerful, the almighty, they were our protectors, our destroyers, our warriors, our saviors and our kings. But as time went by we became more knowledgeable more scientific, and began to question our gods, and they disappeared. Without them we were lost. Until a new Pantheon Came about. Heralded from our first great comic prophets Jerry Seigel and Simon Shuster. They told us the good word of the Man Of Steel. Our Superman. It was then that many a prophet turned up to tell us of the heroics and the dynamics of our new Gods. Bob Kane introduced us to a Demi-God of sorts.
Then came the word of Stan Lee, our greatest prophet and comics savoir. He brought us words of great gods Such as Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, and the Incredible Hulk. I have been chosen as the new prophet, but only for a small about of time. I was chosen by Stan The Man himself to bestow upon you these ten commandments of the comic book world. If we follow them and accept Stan Lee into our hearts, we may all pass on to the great Comic Book Store in the sky. Heed my word, or you shall be sent to a horrible place where JMS was allowed a 100 comic run on his Grounded Story Arc, and all of the Art is done by Rob Leifeld. Shumacher Batman plays on the television everyday, and you are never allowed to poke fun at it. There, we are all subjected to Deadpool's Ultimate interpretation, and Jeph Loeb has the power to retcon anything he wants.
With Out Further or Do I give you The Comic Geeks Commandments.
1. Thou shalt love comic books, there shall be no medium above them.
2. Thou shalt shun the usage of Digital comics
3. Thou Shalt not take Stan Lee's name in vain
4. Remember free comic book day and keep it holy
5. Honor Thy comic book store, keep them alive so that you may collect more efficiently.
6. Love thy fellow comic book fan
7. Thou Shalt attend San Diego Comic-con once in your lifetime (It's like mecca, but better)
8. Thou Shalt not steal another persons comic books. That's just lame bro.
9. When adapting. Thou Shalt respect the source material (I am looking at you Micheal Bay)
10. Thou shalt enjoy well developed characters and interesting plot lines, lest ye be sinful.
I hope you have enjoyed my little post, and if I have offended anyone I am sorry.
MAY PEACE BE WITH YOU CBM. EXCELSIOR!
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE