Green Lantern: Reboot or Sequel?
I know that we were all disappointed with Green Lantern. But, it was not as horrible as Batman and Robin or Catwoman. I will examine reasons for a reboot and sequel.
Should there be a reboot or sequel to Green Lantern?
Reasons for a reboot:
1. The movie itself was an utter mess. Two great comic villains turned into stupid movie villains.
2. The acting was below average. Especially Blake Lively and Peter Sarsgaard.
3. The story was horrible. TOO much Earth and not enough SPACE. The screenplay was also horrible. With stupid lines and quotes.
4. The film currently has 27% on Rotten Tomatoes. The film barely passed $200 Million. The amount of box office success is AT LEAST $350 Million.
Reasons for a sequel:
1. People are sick and tired of reboots.
2. Ryan Reynolds was great as Hal Jordan. But, perhaps Warner Brothers should go with John Stewart instead.
3. At the end of Green Lantern, Sinestro was set up as the next villain.
4. Green Lantern 2 could be in a shared universe with Man of Steel. Although I myself think a Justice League film is impossible(as you could read in my previous highly successful, popular article).
I think a sequel to Green Lantern would be better than a reboot. But, have J.J. Abrams direct it. And show more SPACE.
Leave your comments below. Please be respectful.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "safe harbor" provisions. CBM will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please contact us
for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. You may also learn more about our copyright and trademark policies HERE