Bruce Campbell Highlights Some Positives About The Evil Dead Remake

Bruce Campbell Highlights Some Positives About The Evil Dead Remake

The man with the "golden chin" had some ringing endorsements for the upcoming Evil Dead remake at the Wizard World Chicago Comic Convention.


Speaking to the crowd at a panel during the Wizard World Chicago Comic Convention, legendary B-movie actor, Bruce Campbell had the following to say:

Campbell joked that the Evil Dead remake was a “parting gift” to investors, who had been waiting on some type of new installment in the franchise for years. Campbell said they wanted to make a film that, “wasn’t shot in 16MM, where you can’t see the garden hoses spewing the blood.” Campbell then went on to describe the film as being a more “sophisticated” version of the Evil Dead story.

“We will be heavily involved in it. Sam Raimi hand-picked Fede Alvarez to direct it… It’s not like we’re just tossing this thing out and farting out a sequel. It’ll be kind of a hand-made movie with a young filmmaker who is more experienced than we were when we made the first one, who will be casting more experienced actors than we had, so I don’t see how it could be any worse.”


Campbell does raise some pretty valid points but I'm still not sold on this remake. However, he did raise some optimism and I'll wait for casting news and a trailer before I go on a fanboy tirade.






After years of rumors and backlash from the film's legions of fans, on July 13, 2011 it was announced that The Evil Dead was being remade and that Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Rob Tapert would produce the film which will be released by Ghost House Pictures and Lionsgate. The remake will be written and directed by first-time feature film maker, Fede Alvarez with Ghost House Pictures partners Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane executive producing the film. Raimi and Tapert said that they saw Alvarez's short film, Ataque de Pánico! and right away struck up a blind deal with him to produce their remake. The script was co-written by Alvarez's partner, Rodo Sayagues although Academy Award winning screenwriter, Diablo Cody was brought in to revise the script. Campbell commented on the remake through his Twitter page saying ""Believe in the remake, dawg! The project is real. In the works. Cool as hell. Scary as hell." In a statement released by Raimi, Campbell and Tapart the producers said ""We are committed to making this movie and are inspired by the enduring popularity and enthusiasm for the ‘Evil Dead’ series. We can't wait to scare a new generation of moviegoers using filmmaking techniques that were not available to us thirty years ago as well as Fede bringing a fresh eye to the film’s original elements."



By: TwitterButtons.com
By TwitterButtons.com


Posted By:
Mark Julian
Member Since 6/8/2011
Filed Under "Horror" 8/15/2011 Source: ScreenRant
DISCLAIMER: ComicBookMovie.com is protected under the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) and... [MORE]