Tim Burton's Frankenweenie Plot Revealed
Now today disney has decided to reveal the official synopsis for tim burtons upcoming film Frankenweenie , which will be done using stop-motion animation, filmed in black and white, and rendered in 3D. It is set to hit theaters on October 5th, 2012.Below is the official plot and a few notes from worst preview
Johny Depps not in it :O.
Plot: A heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life — with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor's fellow students, teachers and the entire town all learn that getting a new "leash on life" can be monstrous.
* When Tim Burton originally conceived the idea for "Frankenweenie," he envisioned it as a full-length, stop-motion animated film. Due to budget constraints, he instead directed it as a live-action short, released in 1984.
* "Frankenweenie" follows in the footsteps of Tim Burton's other stop-motion animated films "Corpse Bride" and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" — both of which were nominated for Academy Awards.
* Over 200 puppets and sets were created for the film.
* The voice cast includes four actors who worked with Burton on previous films: Winona Ryder (Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands), Catherine O'Hara (Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas), Martin Short (Mars Attacks!) and Martin Landau (Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow).
* Several of the character names — Victor, Elsa Van Helsing, Edgar "E" Gore and Mr. Burgermeister — were inspired by classic horror films.
Read more: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=20671&count=0#ixzz1E4SUTYpk
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "safe harbor" provisions. CBM will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please contact us
for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. You may also learn more about our copyright and trademark policies HERE