SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2012: Highlights From IRON MAN 3 Q&A Session
You've seen the new costume (if not, click HERE) and read the footage description (if not, click HERE), but we now have the highlights from the Q&A session which followed the debut of those and the announcement of Marvel's other Phase Two plans (you can read all about those by clicking HERE). There are some very juicy bits and pieces of information below, and perhaps even a few teasers as to what else we should expect from Marvel Studios in the future. Many thanks to Sports Mole for the following quotes.
Hit the jump to check out what went down during the Q&A session of today's Iron Man 3 Hall H panel! Shane Black states that the film will not borrow any "Demon in the Bottle" storylines, while Kevin Feige reveals what happened to Bruce Banner at the end of The Avengers and more.
• "We're actually shooting another end scene for Avengers," revealed Robert Downey Jr; although it's not quite clear whether he was joking. I think every movie I do is going to be one of the three biggest films of all time, so it's finally happened."
• Don Cheadle: "It's great. We're getting to the end part of the film, the climactic scene, and I've got a lot more to do with Tony. The Tony-Rhodey relationship really opens up."
• Kevin Feige expressed interest in bringing Rescue (the armoured persona of Pepper Potts, created by Matt Fraction) to the big screen, stating that, "Everyone at this table thinks it would be the coolest thing in the world to see Pepper in a suit."
• Jon Favreau: "We've got an interesting dynamic going on. I never got a chance to have fun with the role before. Now I get to play with Robert which I never really got to do. As far as executive producing as far as directing, I feel like a proud grandfather who doesn't have to change the diapers but gets to play with the baby."
• "We've got this wonderful actor, Rebecca Hall, she's brilliant. We've got Guy Pearce, James Badge Dale, Ashley Hamilton, Stephanie Showstack... it's a great cast man," says Shane Black. "We've got all these pieces, all these interlocking parts, it's not like Spider-Man 3 where they're all separate."
• For now, it appears as if Robert Downey Jr.'s future as Tony Stark/Iron Man is far from set in stone. "Don's and mine's deal runs out after Iron Man 3, then we're going to figure out what we want to continue. The future is uncertain, I'm super happy. This has just been an amazing journey."
• How has Tony Stark changed in Iron Man 3? Robert Downey Jr. says, "The idea this time is, what is the need for this third picture? How does it tie it together? There's been a wishlist of scenes we've wanted to see." Shane Black adds, "To make it seem like it is the culmination of the trilogy, that was the task. How do you dig in, reach back and touch what was there before? We're actually going back to the roots of this thing, try to dig out the myth of it."
• Shane Black was asked whether the film will delve into Tony's alcoholism, to which he replied, "Robert doesn't fall off the wagon in this movie." Downey Jr. added: "We always liked it.. you like the idea of him struggling with this, but there isn't enough plot. I think he's got the plug in the jug this time."
• "Well if you remember at the end of The Avengers, he jumped in the car with Tony," Kevin Feige said when asked about whether we'll see Tony Stark's new best buddie Bruce Banner turn up in Iron Man 3. "And Tony dropped him off at the Port Authority and we'll see him again some day."
Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin
Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
Don Cheadle as Rhodey/War Machine
Guy Pearce as Aldrich Killian
Rebecca Hall as Dr. Maya Hansen
Ashley Hamilton as Jack Taggert
James Badge Dale as Eric Savin
Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan
RELEASE DATE: May 3rd, 2013.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "safe harbor" provisions. CBM will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please contact us
for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. You may also learn more about our copyright and trademark policies HERE