PIC CONTEST: Dredd 3D Scowl-Off
Can you scowl like the Judge? If you think your grimace is as good or better than Karl Urban, CBM is offering 3 lucky winners over $900 in Dreddful prizes to prove it! Click on in to enter.
Playing off the impressive performance that Karl Urban gives as Judge Dredd in Lionsgate's upcoming film, Dredd 3D, we want to put CBM readers to the test and see if they can outdo his menacing scowl. There are no stipulations on what you do to the pic you send in. You may use photoshop, dress up, or simply send in a pic au naturale (meaning, using nothing but your face. No nudity PLEASE!). Contestants will submit their images by posting them in the comments below this article (or if you don't know how, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org). Readers will judge the pics, voice their favorites, and CBM volunteers will decide the winners.
For those with some manipulation skills, feel free to use the official helmet below! Right click and "Save As" to get it to your desktop!
The contest will run from now, September 11th through the 23rd.
Here's what you could win...
One grand prize winner will receive:
-A year’s worth of movie tickets (4 tickets per month for twelve months)
-$100 gift card for snacks
-Official Dredd Collection novel published by 2000 AD
Two first place winners will receive:
-Five movie tickets to take their friends to see Dredd 3D
-Official Dredd Collection novel published by 2000 AD
Here is the code you use to embed an image in the comments:
The Dredd 3D Scowl-Off Contest – ComicBookMovie.com
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
- CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Dredd 3D Scowl-Off Contest (the “Contest”) entry period begins on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Entry Period”). All eligible entries will be judged based on an equally weighted judging criteria to determine the Grand Prize winner. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person. Limit: one (1) prize per person. Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Giant Media Corporation, 1255 Electric Ave., Venice, CA 90291 (the “Sponsor” "Administrator" and "Judges") whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, Judges, promotion prize suppliers, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, franchisees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor's database clock will be the timekeeper for this Contest
- HOW TO ENTER:
Visit www.comicbookmovie.com during the Entry Period and leave a comment with a photo that shows you with a Dredd scowl. This photo can feature the Dredd helmet digitally added over your face. HINT: You may Photoshop the Dredd's helmet over your own intense Scowl. Photo of scowl must be added to comments on contest post.
All entries are subject to verification by the Sponsor. Entries that do not meet the requirements for photo submissions specified below or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein may be disqualified. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Requirements for Photo: Photos must be submitted in .JPG, .GIF, or .PNG format. Photos may not contain any copyrighted or trademarked elements other than elements owned by the entrant and/or Sponsor. If a submission depicts any third party, you must have permission from that third party. Photos may be in black & white or color . Photos should capture your best scowl to make you look as menacing as Judge Dredd.
By entering your photo you represent and warrant that the submission does not infringe the rights of any third party and the submission has not been previously published in any medium.
Entry Notes: Entrant will be able to review their entry prior to submission, but once it’s entered Entrant cannot access/revise entry in any way. No photo, title or description may be obscene, pornographic, violent, cruel, mean spirited, offensive in any manner, or in any other way not suitable to be published. If an entry falls into this category their corresponding entry will become void. Entries made on another’s behalf by any other individuals or any other entity, including but not limited to commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. By entering, all participants and/or entrants release the Sponsor, and administrator from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each entrant's participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or his/her
receipt or use of the prize awarded in this Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading of any contest-related information to or from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest.
- JUDGING: The Judges will review all eligible entries to select the Grand Prize winner and two First Prize winners. The judges will use the following equally weighted judging criteria:
- Use of the Dredd's helmet image in photo submission
The winners will be announced on or about October 1, 2012.
- PRIZES: Only the prizes listed below will be awarded in this Contest.
One (1) Grand Prize:
- A Year's Worth of Movie Tickets (four (4) tickets per month for twelve months). Approximate retail value ("ARV") $576.
- $100 gift card for snacks while at the movies. Terms and conditions of the gift card apply. ARV $100.
- One (1) Official Dredd 3D Novel from 2000 AD. ARV $8.99.
Total ARV of this prize package $709.99
Two (2) First Prizes: Each winner will receive the following:
- Five (5) Movie Tickets to take their friends to see Dredd 3D. ARV $60.
- One (1) Official Dredd 3D Novel from 2000 AD. ARV $8.99.
Approximate retail value of this prize package $93.99
All other incidental expenses not mentioned herein are the responsibility of the Winner and his/her guests. All taxes on prizes are the Winner’s sole responsibility. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent substitutions as necessary, due to circumstances not under its control.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Conduct of the Contest is under the supervision of the Administrator. Potential prizewinners will be notified in person and/or by phone and/or by email or mail or express mail using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prizewinner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prizewinner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prizewinner does not respond within (2) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prizewinner, such potential prizewinner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Alternate winner will be defined as the next runner-up as determined by the Judges If any potential prizewinner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prizewinner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE/ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: Acceptance of any Prize constitutes prizewinner’s permission for the Promotion Entities to use prizewinner’s entry materials, name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the "Attributes"), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Promotion Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
Submission of an entry grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to record, copy, publish, use, edit, exhibit, distribute, perform, merchandise, license, sublicense, adapt and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without any compensation to the entrant. Submission of an entry further constitutes the entrant's consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, Administrator, and the Promotion Entities are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases Sponsor, Administrator, and the Promotion Entities from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest and (vi) use of any prize.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of the state of California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of California.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Dredd 3D Scowl-Off Contest, 1255 Electric Ave, Venice, CA, 90291. All such requests must be received by 9/23/12.
© Giant Media Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
The use of any prize supplier name or trademark in connection with any of the prizes is solely for the purpose of describing such prize, and is not intended to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship
Hide Contest Rules
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE