Man-Thing Movie Update Mania
There's a ton of new info on the Web about the Marvel swamp monster movie.
Here's a rundown of updates on the Man-Thing movie gathered from around the Web:
- Fangoria features a short review with a minor spoiler.
- Make-Up Effects Group (The Matrix trilogy) talks about its work on the film.
- Rising Sun Pictures (Sky Captain, The Return of the King) reveals how the above-mentioned Make-Up Effects Group "sculpted a ten foot tall beast with attitude, and the visual effects team of Rising Sun Pictures and the Lab Sydney, led by VFX Supervisor Tony Clark, took it to the next level of heart stopping terror. You'll have to wait until 2005 to see just how cool this inter-dimensional spirit of vengeance is - until then, don't go walking in the swamp at night…"
- Sydney-based The Lab said "3D tentacles were composited behind the live action creature suit and gore effects were created of tentacles puncturing bodies, dismemberments and blood sprays. Was heavily involved in setting up the calibration and pipeline workflow for this job. This film is released in cinemas October 2004."
- There's more details on that aspect of the film at Cinefex.
- Details of Roger Mason's score can be found at IMDB and Optus Home. A clip is downloadable at Mana.
- Musician Jody Raffoul's official Web site says: "The Like A Star album ending track, 'Dead Man Walking,' has been selected to be included in the opening sequence for the upcoming Artisan Entertainment feature film, 'The Man Thing.'"
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE