Possible Details on Superman: Man of Steel
Some possible details regarding Zack Snyder's Superman movie have surfaced on line that include information that could set up a sequel.WARNING: Possible spoilers!
The people over at Cosmic Book News have been sent some possible details for the up coming Zack Snyder comic book movie Man of Steel. This information is not confirmed, and some of the news has already been debunked so take this with a grain of salt, but there are some new bits of information in what was sent.
From Cosmic Book News:
• Braniac destroys Krypton and may be set-up to be the villain in the sequel (if there is one).
• Krypton will not be the crystalline version like in the Donner films, but will incorporate technology, which is now considered "definite Kryptonian technology" with a more alien contemporary feel.
• The Krytonians featured will be Jor-El, Zod, Faora and Jax-Ur. Lara Lor-Van was mentioned in earlier drafts, but not a sure thing as the scripts are changing.
• Zack Snyder would like Jon Hamm to portray Jor-El.
• There are flashback scenes related to General Zod and WILL feature Krypton -- despite the lawsuit stuff.
• Faora hates all men and is working with Zod and Jax-Ur to get out of the Phantom Zone.
• Jax-Ur was a close friend to Jor-El, who was exiled to the Phantom Zone, and is now working with Zod to free themselves (which they do).
• Zod and the Phantom Zone criminals escape and find Smallville by locking onto Kal-El's ship, which is buried in a field.
• Zod, Faora and Jax-Ur don't just go all out and start attacking and invading Earth. They initially try to blend in and get a custom to their surroundings, but think the Earth is dirty and smells, that the humans are wasting a "perfect" planet. They then start to formulate a plan to make a "better" Krypton.
• Zod's main goal is to make a new Krypton, using Earth, with him as leader. He plans to use Faora to start a new perfect Kryptonian bloodline and Jax-Ur to use his vast scientific knowledge to accelerate technology on Earth.
• Zod and Lex Luthor do have interactions. With LexCorp being the most advanced company on the planet, Zod plans to use LexCorp technology and advance it to Kryptonian levels, as it's the most "compatible."
• In the first draft there was no Fortress of Solitude.
• A key role in the film will be that of Gen. Samuel Lane, father of Lois Lane. Ed Harris and Jeff Bridges are being looked at for this role. Gen. Sam Lane is leading Earth's defense against Zod, Faora and Jax-Ur. He grows a hatred to all Aliens -- including Superman.
• Lindsay Lohan is up for the role of Lana Lang. She isn't Clark's High School sweetheart, just a girl he likes. Lana isn't interested in him because she is one of the popular girls, while Clark is geeky character who can't really show what he is like -- a "Superman." Lana does find out though when the school bus crashes and Clark saves the day -- as she sees him.
• CGI test shots of a Metropolis skyline were done, mixing the Vancouver and Chicago skylines for plate shots and exterior shots during the film. Identifiable buildings were replaced by key buildings from the script such as LexCorp Tower and the Daily Planet Building.
• In the first draft of the script, Lex Luthor forces the Kryptonian trio through a Phantom Zone portal using Kryptonite in the final battle. At the end of the movie, Lex considers forcing Superman through as well, but relents. Note: It may end differently as that was the first draft.
Man Of Steel is scheduled to be released in late 2012.
: ComicBookMovie.com is protected under the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) and... [MORE]