SDCC 2012: Highlights From MAN OF STEEL Panel; Henry Cavill And Zack Snyder Q&A
Henry Cavill talks about the responsibilities that come with playing Superman, while Zack Snyder discusses who would win in a fight between Nolan's Batman and his version of the Man of Steel. He also reveals whether John Williams' score will be used in the movie and comments on Justice League.
Following the debut of never-before-seen Man of Steel footage (the description of which can be found HERE) and the first teaser poster (take a look at that HERE) we now have some highlights from the Q&A session with director Zack Snyder and star Henry Cavill. There are some very interesting details here, including comments from the Snyder on the possibility of either a Superman/Batman movie or Justice League. Some fans may also be disappointed to learn that the reboot will NOT feature John Williams' iconic score.
• Henry Cavill on what he plans to bring to the Superman legend: "I just wanted to bring as much of the modern Superman into the world. You guys know everything about him, but it's for everyone out there as well who hasn't experienced what Superman can be. With this, hopefully I bring a modern version which everyone can associate with."
• "It is pretty intense, I'm not gonna lie," the actor said when talked to the responsibilities which come with the role. "I've just been looking at the trailer and... I get to wear that on my chest. I just really, really hope I've done everything I need to do to please you guys, because this is 100% for you guys. Thanks for the support."
• Director Zack Snyder is asked who would win between Christopher Nolan's Batman and his Superman. "I love Batman, he's awesome, but like, really?"
• Snyder then reveals that the iconic John William score will NOT be featured in Man of Steel. "When we started working on the movie, we decided... we knew the comic book character existed, the movies are there own thing. We had to act as if no film had been made, even though we loved those that had. We had to say 'this is Superman for the first time' in our heads. If you start with that logic you can't then go 'let's just steal the music'."
• After a few other fairly familiar questions, Snyder is asked about the possibility of Justice League and Superman/Batman. "We know that Superman is the jewel in the DC crown and what we're really trying to do is get his house in order - and then, who knows what's possible?"
Well, it's hardly a surprise that Snyder didn't give too much away when asked about Justice League, but his other comments are still interesting. According to some sites (many thanks to Sports Mole for the above quotes) Snyder refused to confirm or deny whether Michael Shannon is playing General Zod. Does the director have a few more surprises up his sleeve? Stay tuned to CBM in the coming weeks and months for further details!
Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman
Amy Adams as Lois Lane
Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent
Diane Lane as Martha Kent
Michael Shannon as Zod
RELEASE DATE: June 14th, 2013.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE