X-Men faulty Timeline
Confusing Timeline of the X-Men Movie-verse
So after seeing all the X-men movies a few times, I have noticed some very strange things about the timeline. Since they never officially said that First Class was a reboot(seemed more like they wanted to tell the back stories) there are some discrepancies that I hope other comics book geeks noticed.
Lets start with First Class (taking place in the early 1960's):
1) Features Alex Summers(Havoc) who is Scott Summers YOUNGER brother, shows him as a teenager probably between 17-19.
2) Has Emma Frost as a Full grown Adult woman
3) Beast(around mid 20's age) built Cerebro
4) Shows Wolverine at a bar, he would still be military at this point, no proof as to if he is or not in his little cameo, but it leads you to think he has been through Weapon X project already, due to his lack of trusting people in suits.
5) Magneto takes Shaw's Helmet.
6) Prof. X gets is shot in the back.
These are the key features I am focusing on
Lets go to Wolverine Origins (1845 through about mid 1980's judging by clothing, vehicles, and technology:
1) Wolverine is shown fighting in all the major wars since 1845. Which means he was in the military during the early 1960's when Prof. X and Magneto found him.
2) Shows a teenage Scott Summers(Cyclops) in school, where his YOUNGER brother at this point is 2 decades older than he is.
3) Emma Frost appears as a teenager as well, but in the 60's she was an adult?!?
4) Shows Prof. X walking around looking slightly younger than his debut in the first X-Men movie. He was shot in the back in the 60's but is walking in the 80's?
On to the first trilogy(takes place in 2000's through about 2010)
1) Prof. X says Magneto helped build Cerebro, but it was really Beast who built it.
2) Prof. X doesn't remember Magneto having the helmet? He was there when Magneto took it from Shaw.
3) Beast in X-Men the last stand should be about Prof. X's age, hard to tell but it doesn't seem like he is.
4) In Last Stand Prof. X and Magneto are together to invite Jean Grey to join the school in the 1970's looking MUCH older than they did just 10 years before.
Just wanted to get this out there and see what others thought or if anyone even noticed.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "safe harbor" provisions. CBM will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please contact us
for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. You may also learn more about our copyright and trademark policies HERE