CBM Member Code of Conduct:
We're excited to offer CBM users the ability to contribute to our content here on ComicBookMovie.com. In order to safeguard proper ethics and standards, we must ask that all members agree to following terms and agree to the rules as outlined in this Member's Code of Conduct.
Members Must Agree to Conform to Site Theme:
ComicBookMovie.com is first and foremost a breaking news site about big screen adaptations of comic books and superheroes. Contributions and fansites that do not fit into applicable categories may be deleted from our server. For those who want to create fansites and do articles in broader categories you may want to join our sister site www.EarthsMightiest.com.
The CBM Webmaster Rules All:
We, the owners of ComicBookMovie.com, reserve the right to edit and/or delete users contributions and fansites at any time, and for any reason. Now of course, we hope to never have to do that, but we also have no idea what one of you naughty little buggers might do in the future, so we require total control over all elements of the site. Furthermore, as a contributor to CBM you are agreeing to shared ownership of all content created under the ComicBookMovie.com url. We pledge to be fair masters, and you may contact us with member concerns, questions or disputes HERE.
Doing any of the stuff on the below list can get you banned and your content deleted FAST--without notification.
- No trolling
- No porn
- No hate (NOT to be confused with honest debate)
- NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT! (learn more about our copyright policies)
- No plagiarism.
- No hacking.
- No spamming or "sales" soliciting.
- NO FAKE news articles or making up "rumors" (except on April 1st).
If you need clarification on anything, CONTACT US.
Doing the things on this list are encouraged, as it will help to popularize your fansite and possibly make you rich and famous.
- Create unique content! It'll get you on our homepage, and picked up by hundreds of other sites.
- Contribute frequently with the best stuff you create or find on the web. (Note: Be sure to follow the journalistic standards listed below)
- Get out and meet the other members of the community and see what they're contributing!
Journalistic Ethics and Standards on the Internet:
OK, so you're not a REAL journalist, but neither are we! We're passionate fans first! Still, that doesn't mean we don't want to do our best to follow established guidelines and ethical practices. So, here they are:
- Don't plagiarize. Stealing is bad. When aggregating news content from other sites, only take a portion of someone elses work--a paragraph or two is acceptable. If you find you are taking too much you might just want to rewrite it and call it your own.
- Always credit your source. Make sure when you use content from another site or news source that you give them credit with a link back to their site. Your newsloading tool has that ability, so use it.
- DON'T USE COPYRIGHTED IMAGES OR CONTENT. There is a lot that is free on the web, but some of it is not. Sometimes stuff you shouldn't take will tell you that it is copyrighted. Your content will be promptly removed if it's found to contain copyrighted content or copyrighted images and your account may be disabled.
- Exclusive content is GREAT! Do a lot of that. It will get your fansite noticed. REMINDER: Fake "rumor" articles will get you banned!
If You Are 13 or Under, Get a Parent's Permission to Join:
There won't be anything going on here that an under-13-year-old couldn't participate in, but the law says that we're not supposed to solicit kids under 13 to join unless they have permission from their parents to do so. So, we're telling you now to go talk to your Mommy and Daddy. OK?
Now, go create some awesome content!