RAYA & THE LAST DRAGON, TOM & JERRY, MINARI, THE FATHER & MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 25th Anniversary Now Available
It's a big day for home video releases, as Raya and the Last Dragon, Tom & Jerry, The Father & Above Suspicion make their Blu-ray debuts. Plus, Mission: Impossible gets an awesome 25th Anniversary Edition!
New releases for the week include Raya and the Last Dragon from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, Tom & Jerry from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, The Father from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, and both Minari and Above Suspicion from Lionsgate Home Entertainment.
This year marks the 25th Anniversary of Tom Cruise's original Mission: Impossible, and to celebrate, Paramount Home Entertainment is releasing a brand new 25th Anniversary Edition of the film on Blu-ray, with special packaging and a complete remastered version of the 1996 action classic.
Meanwhile, Arnold Schwarzenegger's The Last Action Hero and John Belushi's Animal House are both getting 4K Ultra HD re-releases from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, respectively.
New TV releases are headlined by both Star Trek: Lower Decks season one from Paramount Home Entertainment and The Alienist: Angel of Darkness from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
Finally, the addiction drama Four Good Days, starring Glenn Close and Mila Kunis, arrives on video-on-demand this coming Friday.
Get more details on all of the latest releases, including special features, and also check out cover art by clicking through the NEXT or VIEW LIST (ONE PAGE) buttons below!
RAYA AND THE LAST DRAGON
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- ENGLISH DOLBY ATMOS TRACK
- An Introduction to "Us Again" – Director Zach Parrish takes you behind the scenes of the Walt Disney Animation Studios short.
- "Us Again" – An elderly man and his young-at-heart wife rekindle their passion for life on one magical night. Taste of Raya – Dine along with Kelly Marie Tran and the film's creative team--virtually--over a Southeast Asian menu inspired by the countries that influenced the film as they discuss their experiences creating the world of Kumandra.
- Raya: Bringing it Home – When the global pandemic of 2020 hit, production of "Raya and the Last Dragon" moved to the houses of over 450 people. We open a window into their lives and learn how they overcame massive obstacles to make an animated feature from home.
- Martial Artists – Get a kick out of learning about the martial art forms and weapons used in the film as co-screenwriter Qui Nguyen and visual anthropologist Dr. S. Steve Arounsack share the inspiration behind the film's action-packed elements.
- We are Kumandra – Meet members of the Southeast Asia Story Trust and discover the cultural influences that inspired the film...and how important this representation in a Disney animated film is to the people of the region.
- Outtakes – Step into the homes and behind the mics of the cast of "Raya and the Last Dragon" as they experience voice-over sessions in closets and shaky internet connections, which made recording this film unlike any other.
- Fun Facts & Easter Eggs – Take a look at some of the hidden surprises and behind-the-scenes secrets of "Raya and the Last Dragon."
- The Story Behind the Storyboard with John Ripa – Co-Director John Ripa invites you to get an inside look at his thought process as he pitches a storyboard sequence from the film and talks about his amazing career with Disney Animation.
- Deleted Scenes:
- Introduction – Head of Story Fawn Veerasunthorn introduces deleted scenes from "Raya and the Last Dragon." The Bridge – Raya confronts an early version of the Druun in this deleted storyboard sequence.
- Escaping Namaari – See an early version sequence of an introduction to Namaari as an adult.
- Dragon Blade – Discover an early version of Raya's sword, when it used to have magical powers.
- Meet Boun – Meet an early version of Boun before he was a chef and shrimp boat captain.
- The Heart of the Dragon – Co-Director John Ripa introduces a deleted scene which brought the theme of hope into the film.
- Optional English SDH, Spanish, and French subtitles for the main feature
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 25th Anniversary Edition
The newly remastered Collector's Edition Blu-ray includes an exclusive car decal and a gallery of the original trailers for the first six Mission: Impossible films. The disc also includes the following previously released bonus content:
- Mission: Remarkable – 40 Years of Creating the Impossible
- Mission: Explosive Exploits
- Mission: Spies Among Us
- Mission: Catching the Train
- Mission: International Spy Museum
- Mission: Agent Dossiers
- Excellence in Film: Cruise
- Generation: Cruise
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailers
- Mission: Impossible Teaser
- Mission: Impossible Trailer
- TV Spots
A Korean American family moves to an Arkansas farm in search of its own American dream. Amidst the challenges of this new life in the strange and rugged Ozarks, they discover the undeniable resilience of family and what really makes a home.
- Deleted Scenes
- Sowing Seeds: Making Minari
- Audio Commentary with Writer-Director Lee Isaac Chung and Actress Yuh-jung Youn
Anthony is 80, mischievous, living defiantly alone and rejecting the carers that his daughter, Anne, encouragingly introduces. Yet help is also becoming a necessity for Anne; she can't make daily visits anymore and Anthony's grip on reality is unravelling. As we experience the ebb and flow of his memory, how much of his own identity and past can Anthony cling to? How does Anne cope as she grieves the loss of her father, while he still lives and breathes before her? THE FATHER warmly embraces real life, through loving reflection upon the vibrant human condition; heart-breaking and uncompromisingly poignant – a movie that nestles in the truth of our own lives.
- Deleted Scenes
- Homecoming: Making THE FATHER
- Perception Check: Portrait of THE FATHER
TOM & JERRY
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Bringing Tom & Jerry to Life
- Tom & Jerry's World
- The Feud: #TeamTom vs. #TeamJerry
- Jerry's "A House For a Mouse"
- The Tom & Jerry Guide to New York City Wildlife
- Inside the Wedding of Ben and Preeta
- A Scene Comes to Life: Scene #1 – Ben and Preeta's Wedding
- A Scene Comes to Life: Scene #2 – Animal Lock-Up
- Optional English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, and Brazilian Portuguese subtitles for the main feature
Based on the true story of one of the most notorious crimes in FBI history, this gritty crime-thriller stars Emilia Clarke ("Game of Thrones") as Susan Smith, a young woman desperate to escape a seedy life of crime and drugs in a Kentucky coal mining town. When a newly minted FBI agent named Mark Putnam (Jack Huston, "Fargo") recruits Susan as his informant for a high-profile case, she believes her bad luck may finally be changing. But as Susan and Putnam's relationship deepens, so does the danger, setting them both on a collision course with deadly consequences.
THE LAST ACTION HERO 4K
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- NEWLY RESTORED IN 4K FROM THE ORIGINAL CAMERA NEGATIVE, WITH HDR10
- NEW DOLBY ATMOS TRACK + the original theatrical SDDS mix presented as 5.1 + original theatrical stereo audio
- Audio Commentary with Director John McTiernan
- Deleted & Alternate Scenes (presented in 4K with HDR10)
- Alternate Ending (presented in 4K with HDR10)
- "Big Gun" Music Video by AC/DC
- Original Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
- Theatrical Teaser
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature
ANIMAL HOUSE 4K
When they arrive at college, socially inept freshmen Larry (Thomas Hulce) and Kent (Stephen Furst) attempt to pledge the snooty Omega Theta Pi House, but are summarily rejected. Lowering their standards, they try at the notoriously rowdy Delta Tau Chi House, and get in. The trouble is, the college dean (John Vernon) has it in for the Deltas. He has put them on "Double Secret Probation" and secretly assigned Omega's president (James Daughton) the task of having their charter revoked.
- The Yearbook: An Animal House Reunion
- Where Are They Now: A Delta Alumni Update
- Scene It? Animal House Games
- AND MORE...
Sam and Tusker are partners of 20 years, who are traveling across England in their old RV visiting friends, family and places from their past. Since Tusker was diagnosed with early-onset dementia two years ago, their time together is the most important thing they have.
STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS - Season 1
- CRISIS POINT: THE RISE OF VINDICTA TRAILER (Exclusive) – An exclusive, over-the-top action trailer based on the in-episode movie from "Crisis Point."
- FACES OF THE FLEET – A deep dive into the crew of the U.S.S. Cerritos, alongside producers, writers and the cast of Star Trek: Lower Decks. Highlighting character backstories and the behind-the-scenes development of their hilarious on-screen personalities, this exclusive featurette takes a look at Ensigns Beckett Mariner, Ensign Brad Boimler, Ensign Samanthan Rutherford, Ensign D'Vana Tendi and more.
- HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT (Exclusive) – An inside look at canon and hidden Easter eggs throughout the series, including freeze frame images and insightful commentary from producers, creatives and cast.
- LOWER DECKTIONARY:
- JOINING STARFLEET (Episode 101) (Exclusive) – Producers and crew discuss the development of season one from storyline to visual artistry.
- ALIENS AMONG US (Episode 102) (Exclusive) – Dives into the different aliens Ensigns Brad Boimler and Beckett Mariner encounter as they escort K'orin to the Tulgana 4 planet.
- THE ANIMATION PROCESS (Episode 103) (Exclusive) – A look at the efficiency and creativity needed to put together an episode of Lower Decks in this other-worldly look at the animation process.
- THE MAIN TITLES (Episode 104) (Exclusive) – Immersed in the creation of the episode's title sequence, the featurette explores the graphic design and thematic music developed for Lower Decks.
- ART DESIGN (Episode 105) (Exclusive) – A look at characters' style and the sets that elevate the animated on-screen adventures of the U.S.S. Cerritos.
- THE HOLODECK (Episode 106) (Exclusive) – Including interviews with cast and creatives, the featurette highlights what Holodeck experience they would like, how characters use it, and how it's not only used for skills training, but sanity.
- DIVISION 14 (Episode 107) (Exclusive) – Not everything goes right for Starfleet – catch up with Division 14 who is tasked with dealing with all the unexpected mishaps.
- DECK DYNAMICS (Episode 108) (Exclusive) – A dive into the upper and lower deck dynamics, and how their comedic interactions contribute to the storyline throughout season one.
- THE MUSIC OF LOWER DECKS (Episode 109) (Exclusive) – Star Trek music is iconic. Explore how traditional themes have been integrated into Lower Decks and the episode's in-story movie in this deep dive into the differences of scoring for animation versus live action, and comedy versus drama.
- ALL IN THE FAMILY (Episode 110) – As the debut comes to a close, fans can take a look at evolution of the crew and their relationships over the last year, and how Lower Decks fits into the Star Trek family as a few legacy characters appear.
- FULL LENGTH ANIMATIC (Exclusive)
- DELETED AND EXTENDED ANIMATICS (Exclusive)
THE ALIENIST: ANGEL OF DARKNESS
Content and Special Features:
- ALL 8 ONE-HOUR EPISODES
- Inside the Alienist: Building the World
- Walking the Set 2.0 with Luke Evans
- Kreizler Season 1 Recap
- Dressing a Modern Woman
- Series Overview
- Optional English SDH subtitles for each episode