JUSTICE SOCIETY: WORLD WAR II, SHREK 4K, THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS 4K, SAW 4K, & THE MARKSMAN Now Available
This week's new releases include the latest DCAU film Justice Society: World War II, The Marksman, Land, and The Mauritanian! Plus, pick up classics Shrek, The Fast and the Furious, and Saw on 4K UHD!
For the week of May 11, the biggest new release for comic book movie fans will be Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's latest DC animated adventure, Justice Society: World War II, which sees Barry Allen (Matt Bomer) travel back in time to World War II where he encounters the Justice Society.
Open Road's The Marksman starring Liam Neeson, STXfilms' The Mauritanian starring Jodie Foster and Benedict Cumberbatch, and Focus' Land starring Robin Wright and Demián Bichir - also Wright's directorial debut - are all also now available on Blu-ray from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
As for re-releases, both the animated classic Shrek and The Fast and the Furious are making their 4K Ultra HD debuts for their respective 20th Anniversary celebrations. Saw is also available on 4K Ultra HD, ahead of this week's Spiral launch.
Get more details on all of the latest releases, including special features, and also check out cover art by clicking through the NEXT or VIEW LIST (ONE PAGE) buttons below!
JUSTICE SOCIETY: WORLD WAR II
Justice Society: World War II finds modern-day Barry Allen – prior to the formation of the Justice League – discovering he can run even faster than he imagined, and that milestone results in his first encounter with the Speed Force. The Flash is promptly launched into the midst of a raging battle – primarily between Nazis and a team of Golden Age DC Super Heroes known as The Justice Society of America. Led by Wonder Woman, the group includes Hourman, Black Canary, Hawkman, Steve Trevor, and the Golden Age Flash, Jay Garrick. The Flash quickly volunteers to assist his fellow heroes in tipping the scales of war in their favor, while the team tries to figure out how to send him home. But it won't be easy as complications and emotions run deep in this time-skipping World War II thriller.
- HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
- DC Showcase – Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth! (New Animated Short) – Jack Kirby's beloved DC comic creation features the last civilized teenage boy on a post-apocalyptic Earth ruled by talking animals. In this short, Kamandi and his friends Prince Tuftan of the Tiger Kingdom and humanoid mutant Ben Boxer are kidnapped by a gorilla cult dedicated to finding the reincarnation of their god, The Mighty One. Golgan, the cult's leader, puts Kamandi's team through a series of deadly tests to find if any of them know the secret of … The Mighty One.
- Adventures in Storytelling: Justice Society: World War II (New Featurette) – The film's creative minds chat about the methods used to produce the touchstone sequences in Justice Society: World War II.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection, Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One.
- Look Back – Justice League vs. Teen Titans (Featurette) – A behind-the-scenes look at the making of Justice League vs. Teen Titans, a 2016 thriller that follows Damian Wayne's induction into the Teen Titans. Complicating his training is the growing presence of Raven's satanic, world-conquering father Trigon, whose escape plan from his inter-dimensional prison includes spreading his demonic forces across the globe, infiltrating the minds and bodies of the Justice League to do his bidding. To save the universe and prevent a literal hell on Earth, the Teen Titans must rescue – or defeat – the Justice League, and intern Trigon for all eternity.
- Look Back – Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (Featurette) – An intriguing glance into the production behind 2019's Wonder Woman: Bloodlines, which finds Amazon Princess Diana helping a troubled young girl enlisted by a deadly organization known as Villainy, Inc., whose criminal members have their sights set on invading Themyscira. The expansive adventure is packed with brutal battles, mysterious mythology, and endless wonder!
- From the DC Vault: Justice League: "Legends, Part One"
- From the DC Vault: Justice League: "Legends, Part Two"
- Justice Society: World War II will also be available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.
- 4K Blu-ray subtitles: English, French
- Blu-ray subtitles: English, Spanish, French, German, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian
SHREK: 20th Anniversary Edition 4K Ultra HD
The first-ever Academy Award® winner for Best Animated Feature, Shrek, celebrates its 20th anniversary this spring. SHREK is a hilarious adventure comedy that stars the voice talents of Mike Myers (Austin Powers), Eddie Murphy (The Nutty Professor), Cameron Diaz (Charlie's Angels), and John Lithgow (The Crown). The incredibly original and unique blockbuster film that launched three sequels, a spin-off, TV series, holiday specials, theme park attraction, and more has stayed a fan favorite and a must-own for all ages!
You've never met a hero quite like Shrek. The endearing ogre sparked a motion picture phenomenon and captured the world's imagination with…the Greatest Fairy Tale Never Told! Critics have called Shrek "not just a brilliant animated feature, but a superb film on any level" (Larry King, USA Today). Relive every moment of Shrek's (Mike Myers) daring quest to rescue the feisty Princess Fiona (Cameron Diaz) with the help of his loveable loud-mouthed Donkey (Eddie Murphy) and win back the deed to his beloved swamp from scheming Lord Farquaad (John Lithgow). Enchantingly irreverent and "monstrously clever" (Leah Rozen, People Magazine), Shrek is an ogre-sized adventure you'll want to see again and again!
Special Features on 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray:
- Shrek's Interactive Journey: I
- Spotlight on Donkey
- Secrets of Shrek
- Deleted Scenes
- Shrek in The Swamp Karaoke Dance Party
- Music Videos
- Commentary with Director Andrew Adamson and Vicky Jenson and Producer Aron Warner
ADDITIONAL BONUS FEATURES: TEN SHORT FILMS:
- Shrek in the Swamp Karaoke Party
- Far Far Away Idol
- Puss in Boots: The Three Diablos
- The Ghost of Lord Farquaad
- Scared Shrekless
- Thriller Night
- The Pig Who Cried Werewolf
- Shrek the Halls
- Donkey's Caroling Christmas-tacular
- Shrek's Yule Log
FIVE EPISODES FROM "THE ADVENTURES OF PUSS IN BOOTS" TV SERIES:
- Episode 1: Hidden
- Episode 2: Sphinx
- Episode 3: Brothers
- Episode 4: Duchess
- Episode 5: Adventure
SAW 4K Ultra HD
Photographer Adam Stanheight (Leigh Whannell) and oncologist Lawrence Gordon (Cary Elwes) regain consciousness while chained to pipes at either end of a filthy bathroom. As the two men realize they've been trapped by a sadistic serial killer nicknamed "Jigsaw" and must complete his perverse puzzle to live, flashbacks relate the fates of his previous victims. Meanwhile, Dr. Gordon's wife (Monica Potter) and young daughter (Makenzie Vega) are forced to watch his torture via closed-circuit video.
- DOLBY VISION PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
- DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK
- Game Changer: The Legacy of SAW
- Audio Commentary by Director James Wan, Writer-Actor Leigh Whannell, and Actor Cary Elwes
- Audio Commentary by Producers Mark Burg, Gregg Hoffman, and Oren Koules
- SAW: The Original Short Film
- Hacking Away at SAW
- Alternate Storyboard Sequence
- Theatrical Trailer
- Optional English, Spanish, English SDH subtitles for the main feature
THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS 20th Anniversary Edition 4K Ultra HD Steelbook
Dominic Toretto drives the streets of LA like he owns them. As far as his crew is concerned, he does. He spends his days rebuilding high-performance race cars and perfecting the art of computer-controlled fuel injection. By night, Dom pockets up to $10,000 each time someone dares to race him in his own earth-bound rocket of a car. Dom lives off of the adrenaline of street car racing and his fans treat him like a rock star. Brian particularly looks up to Dominic and seeks his approval, but to the rest of the crowd, he's white bread. After a blazing encounter with the ruthless Johnny Tran, Dom decides to take Brian under his wing. Dom's sister Mia sees something she likes in Brian, too. Trouble is, neither of them realize he's an undercover cop, and Dominic and his rival Johnny Tran are both the leading suspects in a case involving dirty money and big-rig hijacking.
Ex-Marine and hardened Arizona rancher Jim Hanson (Neeson) simply wants to be left alone as he tries to make a living on an isolated stretch of borderland. But everything changes when he witnesses 11-year-old migrant Miguel (Perez) and his mother (Ruiz) fleeing from a band of assassins sent by a ruthless drug cartel. After being caught in a shoot-out, Miguel's mother begs Jim to take her son to the safety of their family in Chicago. Defying law enforcement, Jim and Miguel hit the road and slowly begin to forge an unlikely friendship, while the cartel's relentless assassins blaze a bloody trail, hot on their heels.
- The Marksman – Filmmakers and cast discuss the richness of the story and characters, as well as their experiences working with legendary actor Liam Neeson.
- Optional English SDH and Latin American Spanish subtitles for the main feature
Alone and afraid, Slahi (Tahar Rahim) finds allies in defense attorney Nancy Hollander (Jodie Foster) and her associate Teri Duncan (Shailene Woodley) who battle the U.S. government in a fight for justice that tests their commitment to the law and their client at every turn. Their controversial advocacy, along with evidence uncovered by a formidable military prosecutor, Lt. Colonel Stuart Couch (Benedict Cumberbatch), uncovers shocking truths and ultimately proves that the human spirit cannot be locked up.
- Deleted Scenes
- Behind the Scenes of THE MAURITANIAN – Get an inside look into the storytelling behind the real-life account of THE MAURITANIAN from cast and filmmakers and meet the extraordinary real people behind the gripping story.
- A Look at Director Kevin Macdonald – Hear the cast and crew discuss what makes Director Kevin Macdonald the perfect person to bring this astounding tale of courage and conviction from the pages of Mohamedou Ould Slahi's memoir to the screen.
- Optional English SDH, Latin American Spanish Subtitles
From acclaimed actress Robin Wright comes her directorial debut LAND, the poignant story of one woman's search for meaning in the vast and harsh American wilderness. Edee (Wright), in the aftermath of an unfathomable event, finds herself unable to stay connected to the world she once knew and in the face of that uncertainty, retreats to the magnificent, but unforgiving, wilds of the Rockies. After a local hunter (Demián Bichir) brings her back from the brink of death, she must find a way to live again.
- Crafting LAND – Filmmakers and cast discuss how shooting in such a beautiful but brutal location added unique challenges and a distinct authenticity.
- Robin Wright: Feature Film Directorial Debut – Director Robin Wright reveals why this project stood out from the others she considered for her feature film directorial debut, and how directing the film gave her a unique perspective on what she needed to give as an actress.
- After the Trauma – In this piece, we examine the mental process Edee goes through in the aftermath of tragedy, how her pain is relatable, and why this was the perfect time to tell such an uplifting story.
- Optional English SDH, French Canadian, and Latin American Spanish Subtitles for the main feature
ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS
Ice Cube and Mike Epps are the driving force of this high-style, high-impact action-comedy. When top bounty hunter Tyson Bucum (Cube) chases after two-bit hustler and three-time loser Reggie Wright (Epps), he thinks he's in for an easy payday. But when they cross paths with a group of diamond thieves, the pair team up in search of the biggest score of them all. Featuring Eva Mendes, Tommy Flanagan, Carmen Chaplin, Lil Bow Wow, and Anthony Michael Hall, All About The Benjamins is a hip-hop heist flick packed with action and laughs — and you can take that to the bank.
- Audio Commentary With Director Kevin Bray And Producer Matt Alvarez
- "Shot Caller: From Videos To Features"
- "Strictly Business: Making The Benjamins"
- "Miami Nice"
- "All About The Stunts"
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scenes
- Trina Music Video "Told Ya'll"
- Theatrical Press Kit
- Cast Interviews From The Premiere
- Theatrical Trailer
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature
FINDING NEMO 2-Movie Collection & CARS 3-Movie Collection
In case you don't already own them, Disney Home Entertainment has released both the Finding Nemo 2-Movie Collection and a Cars 3-Movie Collection, allowing you to pick up every film in each respective franchise in one neat combo pack.
TOGETHER TOGETHER - VOD
A 40-year-old man hires a young woman and their relationship challenges their perceptions of love.
Available on VOD this Friday, May 14!