Comcast Reportedly Giving Up On Fox's Assets Leaving Disney Free To Bring The X-MEN And FANTASTIC FOUR Home

Comcast Reportedly Giving Up On Fox's Assets Leaving Disney Free To Bring The X-MEN And FANTASTIC FOUR Home

Comcast Reportedly Giving Up On Fox's Assets Leaving Disney Free To Bring The X-MEN And FANTASTIC FOUR Home

With Comcast setting its sights on acquiring Sky, the company is moving on from attempting to purchase Fox which leaves the door wide open for Disney to complete the deal, making Marvel fans very happy!

In news which will almost certainly make fans of the Fantastic Four and X-Men very happy, it's been revealed today that Comcast is backing off Fox's assets as the company instead focuses its attention on buying British pay-TV giant Sky Television. CNBC is reporting that Comcast is unlikely to increase its $65 billion bid, meaning Disney is free and clear to buy 21st Century Fox's assets for $71.3 billion.

It's still a rather complicated situation because Fox currently owns 39% of Sky and the company is looking to purchase the remaining 61%. However, Comcast obviously wants that too and Disney was banking on having the entire 100% (chances are that they will be happy with that 39% along with Fox's other assets). The movie studio is the biggest draw as that gives Disney 40% of the box office.

Disney now has the higher bid and approval from the Justice Department so things are looking good for the X-Men and Fantastic Four coming home to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Disney and
Fox shareholders are set to vote on the deal on July 27th and from there, it will hopefully be a case of just counting down the months (well, years) until we see The Avengers meet new versions of those heroes!

DISCLAIMER: ComicBookMovie.com is protected under the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) and... [MORE]
Latest Headlines
Loading...