BOX OFFICE: Weekend Results Are In
The overall movie weekend box office is estimated around 100M (or 100 million). Thats off (-15%) from last year. One studio exec belives with the Nfl Super Bowl coming next weekend, the box office wont get any easier.
Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters leads a weak weekend at the Box Office. Click this article to find out the weekend estimates of the top 10 movies for this weekend.
1. Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters 3D (MGM/Paramount) NEW [Runs 3,372] rated R, Friday $6.0M, Saturday $8.4M, Weekend $18.0M
Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters recieved a B cinema score and jumped 40 percent from friday to saturday. Even with 3d, the movie will only make 18 million for the weekend. Overall a weak and dissapointing weekend. Paramonunt claims the movie was only made for 50 million. So good news or bad news? But the international market is looking pretty good.
2. Mama (Universal) Week 2 [Runs 2,682] rated PG13
Friday $3.8M, Saturday $6.2M, Weekend $13.2M (-54%), Cume $49.0M
3. Silver Linings Playbook (Weinstein) Week 11 [Runs 2,641] rated R
Friday $2.3M, Saturday $4.3M, Weekend $9.3M, Cume $68.8M
4. Zero Dark Thirty (Annapurna/Sony) Week 6 [Runs 2,929] rated R
Friday $2.3M, Saturday $4.3M, Weekend $9.0M, Cume $69.1M
5. Parker (FilmDistrict) NEW [Runs 2,224] rated R
Friday $2.1M, Saturday $3.1M, Weekend $7.2M
Parker(based on a series on best selling novels by Donald E. Westlake) recieved a B+ cinema score and sadly will finish with a lousy weekend. The film went up +40 from friday to saturday. Film District licensed the film and knew from the start the film would only make single digits at the box office. It seems Jennifer Lopez (whos trying to make a comeback into movies) career is on life support.
6. Django Unchained (Weinstein) Week 5 [Runs 2,007] rated R
Friday $1.2M, Saturday $2.2M, Weekend $4.8M, Cume $146.1M
7. Movie 43 (Relativity) NEW [Runs 2,023] rated R
Friday $1.8M, Saturday $2.0M, Weekend $4.0M
Move 43 recieved a D cinemaScore. A lot of the movie stars that appear in movie 43 regret being in the film. Luckily the film only cost 6 million to make. The film consisted of 12 directors, 30 name actors and 18 writers working on different shorts. But still with that much talent, low cost or whatever, this movie should have been a success.
8. Les Miserables (Universal) Week 5 [Runs 2,210] rated PG13
Friday $1.0M, Saturday $1.9M, Weekend $4.1M, Cume $137.4M
9. Gangster Squad (Warner Bros) Week 3 [Runs 2,590] rated R
Friday $1.1M, Saturday $1.8M, Weekend $4.1M, Cume $39.5M
10. Broken City (New Regency/Fox) Week 2 [Runs 2,622] rated R
Friday $1.0M, Saturday $1.8M, Weekend $3.8M (-54%), Cume $15.1M
Well thats your weekend estimates. What do you think of the new releases and the current films that have been in the theaters this year?
: ComicBookMovie.com is protected under the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) and... [MORE]