Marc Webb Talks AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
In the interview Marc Webb covers the following information about the movie:
In a recent interview with ComingSoon.net, Director Marc Webb talks about his upcoming film The Amazing Spider-Man! Check out the video interview after the jump!
* His pitch to get the gig directing the movie
* What he took from the comics especially in terms of Gwen Stacy
* How he went about finding Andrew Garfield for Peter Parker
* What the screenplay was like when he came onboard
* Whether The Lizard was in that original screenplay
* Tying Spider-Man and The Lizard’s origins together
* Why they left out a classic line from the Spider-Man comics
* Casting Sally Fields who doesn’t look old enough to play Aunt May
* Bringing more realism into the Spider-Man mythos
* Why Dr. Curt Connors doesn’t have a prosthetic arm
* How he wanted to do more practical stunts even though visual FX have improved since Sam Raimi’s first movie
* Visual references taken from the comics
* Pushing Spider-Man’s wisecracking
* Whether he wants to direct another Spider-Man movie
* He says he hasn’t been developing anything and brushes aside movies he’s been attached to, including the musical Jesus Christ Superstar (although he says it’s his favorite musicals of all time)
Like most teenagers his age, Peter [played by Andrew Garfield] is trying to figure out who he is and how to be the person he is today. In his journey to put the pieces of his past together he uncovers a secret that his father [Campbell Scott] held… a secret that will ultimately shape his destiny as Spider-Man. This is the first in a series of movies that tells a different side of the Peter Parker story.
The Amazing Spider-Man hits theaters July 3, 2012!
: ComicBookMovie.com is protected under the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) and... [MORE]