X-Men: First Class writers want Cable for sequel
X-Men: First Class hits screens in the UK on Wednesday (June 1) and in the US on Friday (June 3) and screenwriters Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz have been promoting the film at the MCM Expo London Comic Con.
Screenwriters Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz appeared at the London Comic Con this past weekend, revealing they have Cable in mind for the sequel to X-Men: First Class and explaining the choice of characters in the first film.
Recently we heard from director Matthew Vaughn that he only plans to put one new main character in the potential follow-up to First Class.
The Coventry Telegraph's Geek Files was at the Comic Con, where Miller and Stentz spoke to fans about the new film and gave a clue as to who the new character in the sequel might be.
Miller said: "We would like to introduce Cable. He's such a cool character and we haven't seen him in any of the films yet."
The writers also confirm that Sunspot was cut from the script and explained to fans that the film's status as a prequel meant that Cyclops and other familiar faces couldn't be included.
But the duo - who also wrote the Thor movie - said the X-Men comics had been studied and taken into account where possible.
Stentz said: "We looked at all the comics. For instance, we have a scene in the film very much inspired by Magneto's raising of the Leningrad nuclear sub, which was a very iconic moment. But this story picks up even before the first X-Men comic, it goes way back to the beginning."
For the full, detailed report of what they said at the event, click the link below to head over to the Coventry Telegraph's Geek Files.
: ComicBookMovie.com is protected under the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) and... [MORE]