UPDATE: JOHN CARTER Blu-Ray Cover Art Revealed
No other details are available for the home video release of Walt Disney/Andrew Stanton's sci-fi film John Carter, but the cover art has found its way online. Check it out after the jump. Updated with a list of bonus features.
From Academy Award®--winning filmmaker Andrew Stanton comes "John Carter"—a sweeping action-adventure set on the mysterious and exotic planet of Barsoom (Mars). "John Carter" is based on a classic novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs, whose highly imaginative adventures served as inspiration for many filmmakers, both past and present. The film tells the story of war-weary, former military captain John Carter (Taylor Kitsch), who is inexplicably transported to Mars where he becomes reluctantly embroiled in a conflict of epic proportions amongst the inhabitants of the planet, including Tars Tarkas (Willem Dafoe) and the captivating Princess Dejah Thoris (Lynn Collins). In a world on the brink of collapse, Carter rediscovers his humanity when he realizes that the survival of Barsoom and its people rests in his hands. The screenplay was written by Andrew Stanton, Mark Andrews and Michael Chabon.
UPDATE: Below are the bonus features that will be on the Blu-Ray 3D Release:
• Blu-ray 3D™
• Blu-ray™ Feature Film + Bonus
• DVD Feature Film + Bonus
• Digital Copy of Feature Film
• Disney Second Screen -- Explore John Carter's journal with this innovative in-world experience and uncover a trove of fascinating details that extend the mythology of the movie
• 360 Degrees of John Carter -- Experience every aspect of the filmmaking process on one of the movie's biggest production days
• Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Director Andrew Stanton
• Barsoom Bloopers
• 100 Years in the Making -- Follow the journey of Edgar Rice Burroughs's Story, from its origins as a pulp novel to its arrival onscreen
• Audio Commentary with Filmmakers
Click the link below to preorder your copy of either the DVD, Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray 3D editions.
John Carter is in theaters now.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE