BOX OFFICE: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Now Projected For $100M+ Opening Weekend
We previously heard early predictions for Star Trek Into Darkness suggest an $85-90M opening weekend, but now the J.J. Abrams-directed sequel is said to be targeting an impressive $100M gross thanks to its extended debut weekend.
A while back, we heard the first box office predictions for Star Trek Into Darkness' opening weekend. The J.J. Abrams-directed sci-fi sequel was originally said to be aiming for an $85-90M; despite the high anticipation, this number isn't massively higher than the 2009 film's $70M opening weekend. Still, it would mark the highest opening weekend in the entire Star Trek series, and now we have more promising tracking. Via The Wrap, Into Darkness is now on track to earn over $100M thanks to its opening weekend. The movie will screen in 336 IMAX 3D theaters starting tomorrow, and Paramount recently moved its release date to May 16th (this Thursday). And as expected, it should easily defeat Marvel's Iron Man 3, which is entering its third weekend. Do you plan on seeing Star Trek Into Darkness this week?
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE