What Spider-Man 4 Could Have Been
Thank you to Sweetre15 for bringing this to my attention.
This was posted a little over a month ago by "The First Filmmaker" over on imdb.com, who claims to have seen the spider-man 4 script. I know what you're all probably thinking right now but this all sounds legit, it matches up with everything we had heard leading up to Spider-man 4's cancellation. If this is true, then it's no wonder Raimi had problems with the script and pulled out of SM4.
The following is from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0948470/board/thread/165852652?d=165889031&p=1#165889031
- It takes place about five years after Spider-Man 3.
- Peter and Mary Jane has married ever since and has a kid. Yeah, that made me puke a little already and that was just the beginning.
- J. Jonah Jameson retires and is replaced by Adrian Toomes as the head of the Daily Bugle.
- The Vulture is the only villain. Vulturess must have been written out or something...
- The Vulture would have been totally different from the comics, Adrian Toomes creates a giant suit with a likeness to a Vulture that he has the ability to control with his mind. Yeah, corny much?
- Felicia Hardy is in the film, but only as Felicia. There are hints throughout the film though that eventually she would become the Black Cat.
- Dr. Curt Connors has a larger role because there are many scenes where Peter and Felicia are in his class.
- Peter starts to realize he does not love Mary Jane anymore (some superhero...) and ultimately starts cheating on her with Felicia.
- At the end of the film, Adrian Toomes is killed by Spidey and Peter later learns that Toomes was Felicia's god father.
- Felicia grows a hatred towards Spider-Man and Peter feels guilty.
- J. Jonah Jameson just randomly pops back up in the Daily Bugle like he never was gone in the first place.
- The end shows Mary Jane leaving with the baby somewhere unknown and Peter throws out his Spider-Man suit.
It also has a very cheesy part with Peter bringing his baby to the zoo...
Some of you might be going "no way this is true, they woulden't give spidey a kid after the epic fail Superman Returns was!" But as you recall there was a casting call for a two or three year old Caucasian with red hair to appear in SM4 before it got canned.
Now as some of you know I have been totally against this reboot idea from the get go, the biggest reboot hater on here actually with the only exception being LEEE777 (who constantly posts on every Spider-Man article saying "Frick the reboot." lol) but if this is legit then I am truly glad this thing never got made, what are your thoughts on this guys?
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "safe harbor" provisions. CBM will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please contact us
for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. You may also learn more about our copyright and trademark policies HERE