Oliver Queen Headed To Blüdhaven In The CW's ARROW
We got a tease of Blüdhaven in episode sixteen of Arrow but Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) will be headed there himself in a future episode. However, don't expect to see Nightwing there say executive producers.
In Arrow, episode sixteen 'Dead To Rights' it appeared that Deadshot (Michael Rowe) had relocated to Blüdhaven following his earlier confrontation with Green Arrow. You would have only noticed this if you were paying extremely close attention. However, at PaleyFest 2013 during Arrow's panel, the showrunners revealed that Oliver himself will be making a visit to the city in a future episode, along with other tantalizing tidibits. Here's a recap of what was covered.
- Eecutive producer Marc Guggenheim revealed that Oliver will be making a trip to Blüdhaven but that we won't be seeing Nightwing. Reading further reports the showrunners didn't say that Nightwing doesn't exist, just that 'he's out of town.' He also added that there will be two cities that the show will never venture to. It's safe to assume those two cities are Gotham and Metropolis.
- Tommy Merlyn (Colin Donnell) learning Oliver's secret will have huge ramifications going forward. Unlike Diggle (David Ramsey), Huntress (Jessica DeGouw) and Felicity Smoak (Emilly Betts Rickards) he knew the pre-island Oliver.
- The showrunners/writers revealed that they outline the episodes first and then figure out if and who from DC's roster of characters can be inserted. For example an idea for a bank robbery episode was concocted and developed and only after a certain point of its development was it decided to call the bank robbers the Royal Flush Gang.
- Arrow was confirmed for both WonderCon and San Diego Comic-Con later this year.
- Greg Berlanti shared that they viewed Season One as having 'Three Acts" and the episode 'Dead To Rights' was the end of Act Two.
- There will be another guest star upcoming that will make geek fans happy. The showrunners remained tight-lipped on the identity.
- Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) was referred to as an "Evil Bruce Wayne".
- It took Oliver five years on a deserted island to develop the skills he has so don't expect Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) or Laurel Lance(Katie Cassidy)to suit up anytime soon. However, you will see flashes of who they could eventually become.
- In the last episode it was hinted that Sarah Lance (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) was still alive. It was a big debate as to whether the show would move forward in this direction but Greg Berlanti insisted.
- The frequency of Slade Wilson appearances on the show will depend on Manu Bennett's availability.
Shado Actress Celina Jade On What's To Come On The CW's ARROW
10 Cameos For The CW's ARROW
ARROW Episode 16 'Dead To Rights' Discussion & Poll
ARROW Episode 15 'Dodger' Poll & Discussion
Running Time: 60 min
Release Date: October 10, 2012
MPAA Rating: Tv-14
Starring: Katie Cassidy, Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Byron Mann, Colin Donnell, Colin Salmon, Paul Blackthorne, Emily Bett Rickards, John Barrowman, Roger R. Cross and Willa Holland
Directed by: David Nutter (pilot)
Written by: Greg Berlanti (story/writer), Marc Guggenheim (story/writer), Andrew Kreisberg (writer), George Papp (character) and Mort Weisinger (character)
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE