Which Film Studio Will Earn The Most In 2013?
Based on their summer blockbuster and franchise film slates for 2013, which film studio do you think will earn the most worldwide? Will it be Buena Vista? Warner Bros.? Or perhaps Sony? Hint, having the #1 movie doesn't guarantee winning the collective box office.
Buena Vista (Marvel/Disney) had the #1 film in 2012 with Marvel's The Avengers. Around these parts that's a well known fact. But did you know that they weren't the top grossing studio of 2012? That honor went to Warner Bros. who had a total worldwide box office gross of $3.965B off of 16 films. Second, was Sony/Columbia with $3.872B off of 13 films with Buena Vista rounding out the top three with $3.534B on 13 films. Currently, WB is slated to release 18 films this year while Sony will have 12 and BV will distribute 10. Below, I've highlighted what are thought to be the biggest earners (or potential earners) for the main 3 studios. Once you make your way through that, cast your vote in the poll at the bottom and then take your opinion to the comment section and let us know why you made your selection. I've also included some other notable film distributors but it usually comes down to the main three above.
• Gangster Squad • Bullet to the Head • Beautiful Creatures (2013) • Jack the Giant Slayer • The Incredible Burt Wonderstone • 42 • The Great Gatsby (2013) • The Hangover Part III • Man of Steel • Pacific Rim • The Conjuring • 300: Rise of An Empire • We're the Millers • Getaway (2013) • Prisoners • Gravity • The Seventh Son • The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
BUENA VISTA (DISNEY)
• Oz The Great and Powerful • Iron Man 3 • Monsters University • The Lone Ranger • Planes • The Delivery Man • Thor: The Dark World • The Fifth Estate • Frozen (2013) • Saving Mr. Banks
• The Call • Evil Dead (2013) • The Company You Keep • After Earth • This is the End • White House Down • Grown Ups 2 • The Smurfs 2 • Elysium • The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones • One Direction: This is Us • Battle of the Year • Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 • Carrie (2013) • Captain Phillips • American Hustle • Monuments Men
• Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters • Top Gun 3D • G.I. Joe: Retaliation • Pain and Gain • Star Trek Into Darkness • World War Z • Paranormal Activity 5 • The Wolf of Wall Street • Nebraska • Anchorman: The Legend Continues • Jack Ryan
• Broken City • A Good Day to Die Hard • The Croods • The East • Epic • The Internship • The Way, Way Back • The Heat • Turbo • The Wolverine • Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters • Baggage Claim • Runner Runner • Haunts • The Counselor • Walking with Dinosaurs • Black Nativity • The Secret Life of Walter Mitty • Twelve Years a Slave
• Mama • Identity Thief • Jurassic Park 3D • Oblivion • Fast & Furious 6 • The Purge • Despicable Me 2 • R.I.P.D. • 2 Guns • Kick-Ass 2 • Riddick • Rush (2013) • About Time • The Best Man Holiday • 47 Ronin
POLL: Which New Hero Of The 2000s Is Poised For Long Term A-List Success?
POLL: Who Is The Shadowy Enemy That Predates The Universe In THOR: THE DARK WORLD?
Should THE AVENGERS Assemble Again In Phase Three?
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE