RUMOR: Rocksteady's Next Game To Be TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES
Coming off the success of Batman: Arkham City questions have been raised as to where exactly Rocksteady goes from here. Rumor has it they have found the answer in the form of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
With Batman: Arkham City's wildly successfully run the obvious question is what is what will Rocksteady develop next. With Rocksteady riding Batman's coat tails all the way to video game supremacy a number of fans were asking for a Superman game. According to PGN Rocksteady is indeed developing another game, but not with The Man of Steel rather with The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The game is tentatively titled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis, and is expected to have more of a dark tone than a comedic one.
Here is what PGN has heard:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis is the alleged name of the title.
- Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are the four playable characters, each with their own varied move set and weapon of choice (sword, bo staff, sai, and nunchucku…respectively).
- Flashbacks are played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
- Shurikens, smoke bombs, grappling hooks, and climbing foot spikes.
- Gameplay and story/stage progression similar to Batman: Arkham City.
- Classic characters such as Bebop and Rocksteady (warthog and rhinoceros), Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang act as bosses and in the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
- The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.
- Multiplayer is unknown.
- Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.
- The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April O’Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.
- Purportedly being in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
- Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as well as Rocksteady did with their two Batman games.
- Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, “The Manhattan Project”, but is very much its own title.
Once again this is only a rumor and has not been confirmed by anyone at Rocksteady. Another rumor that is floating around is that Rocksteady is also only interested in developing another DC character. Check out PGN's list of why this rumor could be real or why it could be fake by clicking HERE.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "safe harbor" provisions. CBM will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please contact us
for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. You may also learn more about our copyright and trademark policies HERE