EXCLUSIVE: Green Lantern Set Report - Poster, Trailer & Effects 411
Too much info to squeeze into this little area! Follow the jump if you want details about the Green Lantern movie trailer, poster, budget, concept art and effects...
Yesterday, I managed to get in touch with an effects supervisor over at Sony IW. Though he wouldn't answer any questions about the film's costumes (he said he's already talked about it to someone else), he was fairly open about other aspects of the production:
- The Green Lantern concept art of Kilowog, Abin Sur, Tomar-Re and the Guardians,which was leaked a few months ago, is official studio sanctioned artwork. They were early drafts, but official none the less. Though the logo attached to each image won't be the final version, it is still being used on and off the set.
- We will definitely have a trailer revealed at this year's San Diego Comic Con International (July 21st - 24th). It's going to "steal the show".
- Teaser posters for the film should be arriving in theaters this Fall. Some of the art department members have been tinkering around with holographic designs for them; mostly for fun, though.
- The budget for the film is well over $200 million US, before taking into account Louisiana tax incentives for production. This sum also includes advertising cost.
- Even if you're not a fan of 3D films, you won't want to miss this one when it hits theaters. The construct designs and visuals are being tailored for maximum 3D effect.
- The Green Lantern power batteries are being included in the film; unlike the Green Lantern: First Flight animated movie.
- Yes, Hal Jordan will be wearing the iconic domino mask in the film.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "safe harbor" provisions. CBM will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please contact us
for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. You may also learn more about our copyright and trademark policies HERE