Michael Bay's NINJA TURTLES Fighting Style Inspired By THE RAID: REDEMPTION
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman reveals that Michael Bay's Ninja Turles fighting styles will be inspired by two martial arts films. Also, click the jump to find out which actor he thinks would make a great Shredder.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman recently participated in a live chat with The One Ring's Cliff Broadway. During the discussion Kevin revealed that Michael Bay's Ninja Turles will draw inspiration from the fighting styles showcased in The Raid: Redemption and Fist of Legend. He also says that April O'Neil won't be a sixteen-year like she is portrayed in Nickelodeon's new animated series.
- 21:55 - What inspired TMNT
- 30:00 - Star Wars influence on the backstory
- 47:25 - Discusses Nickelodeon's new animated show
- 51:15 - Describes his involvement with Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles
- 52:15 - Comments on fan's negative reaction to Bay's Alien race remarks, and defend Michael Bay as a filmmaker
- 1:01:30 - April O'Neil will NOT be a sixteen year old in Bay's Ninja Turtles
- 1:05:00 - The original live-action film bridged the gap of the black and white comic books and the cartoon show
- 1:07:55 - Kevin Eastman thinks Ken Watanabe would make a great Shredder
- 1:08:25 - He'd like to bring Ernie Reyes, Jr. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II) back for Bay's Ninja Turles as a Foot lieutenant.
- 1:31:00 - Possibility of motion capture Turtles like Rise of the Planet of the Apes
- 1:32:55 - Martial arts wise they are looking at Fist of Legend & The Raid: Redemption
Jonathan Liebesman's Ninja Turtles will hit theaters May 16th, 2014
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "safe harbor" provisions. CBM will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please contact us
for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. You may also learn more about our copyright and trademark policies HERE