RUMOR: Plot Details & Directors On The Shortlist For The New STAR WARS Trilogy
A blog that reported three years ago that George Lucas was planning on making Star Wars: Episodes VII, VIII, and IX has new information about the sequels and a list of directors that Disney is supposedly interested in. Hit the jump to check it out.
In 2009 Jim Dorey of the blog, Marketsaw, had an anonymous source contact him and claimed that Lucasfilm were already working on Star Wars: Episodes VII, VIII & IX. And just a short while ago that same anonymous source provided more information about the planned sequels which you can check out in full here, or you can read the key points below. Some of them condensed by Bleeding Cool.
- Luke Skywalker is a primary focus, as are many of the original trilogy cast (Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, C3PO and R2D2). Disney also realised that George Lucas and STAR WARS are one and the same, so George will certainly have a voice on any angle taken, in fact I believe it's one of many stipulations. However he will no longer have creative control,
- I don't believe the empire was completely destroyed by the end of Return of the Jedi.
- Mark Hamill is a certainty.
- There are two trilogies planned, all following an original overview by Lucas, which was always planned as a multi generational saga. Movies 10 - 12 are from my understanding about the offspring of the Skywalkers, set many years later with the surviving cast playing much older versions of themselves and featuring a female protagonist named Skywalker.
- The movies from what I understand will adopt the Harry Potter model, and will be aggressively brought to the forefront of popular entertainment once again with consistent installments.
- Rewritten from previously secret drafts from way back during the making of the original trilogy. The main problem was the age of the cast, and the tone of the story. You will see a tone more in line with the original trilogy, and specifically featuring that cast
- Live action TV show - The scripts already written will be absorbed in some way into a TV format. Basically they are 45 minute long feature films. With concepts that are very ambitious and the fact that it focuses on characters that are not known and are completely different to what people may have in mind about a STARWARS TV show.
- Disney are “all over” restoring the original trilogy.
This mysterious source also lists the names of some directors that were being “bandied about” – Steven Spielberg, Neill Blomkamp, Alfonso Cuaron, Matthew Vaughn, Darren Aronofsky and Joss Whedon.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "safe harbor" provisions. CBM will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please contact us
for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. You may also learn more about our copyright and trademark policies HERE