UPDATE: Full BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Cover Art, Details & Concept Art Revealed
Following today's announcement that Rocksteady would return to the Batman: Akrham series, some high-res images have hit the web. Read on to check out the full cover art, as well as a new Harley Quinn wallpaper. Updated with new details!
UPDATE: Batman-News.com has read the latest issue of Game Informer and has shared new details concerning the game:
- Next-gen only.
- Single player only. No multiplayer.
- Arkham Knight isn’t just the name of the game, it’s also the name of a brand new villain. Rocksteady is working with DC’s Geoff Johns to create the character from scratch.
- Batman starts the game in the Arkham City suit, but gets a new costume early on.
- Takes place in a central zone of Gotham City split into 3 islands. 5 times bigger than Arkham City.
- The level of detail in Gotham City is some of the most impressive Game Informer has ever seen in a video game.
- Takes place one year after Arkham City.
- With The Joker dead, Gotham’s villains come together to try to take down Batman.
- Scarecrow, Two-Face, Penguin, and Harley Quinn are all confirmed.
- Kevin Conroy is back as Batman. Troy Baker is Two-Face, Nolan North is Penguin, Tara Strong is Harley Quinn, and Wally Wingert is Ridder.
- Batman visits with Oracle in the game, she’s not just a voice in his earpiece anymore.
- Cut scenes are all done in game, so it doesn’t feel like you’re playing a game and then watching a movie.
- The characters are incredibly detailed. One has the polygon count of Arkham Aslyum, the whole environment.
- Batman’s cape and character’s clothing reacts realistically to wind and movement.
- All quick-fire gadgets can now be used during flight.
- Batman can perform a quick ground strike to downed opponents.
- Interrogations are back.
- Batman can incorporate the environment into his combat combos like never before.
- Fear takedowns allow Batman to take out multiple enemies in slow motion, as long as he isn’t spotted.
- This is Rocksteady’s last Batman game. There will be a clear ending to their Arkham trilogy. It’s possible that WB Games Montreal may still make Batman games set in the Arkham Origins time period.
- Rocksteady set out to make the best car in any game ever.
- It’s so detailed it would take up the space of an entire Xbox 360 game.
- It’s the only drive-able vehicle.
- Players can bring the Batmobile to their location with the press of a button.
- It can do burnouts, jumps, boosts, and even rotate in circles at a full stop to get you pointed in the right direction.
- It can smash through barricades, trees, and building corners.
- Batman can eject out of the Batmobile and go directly into gliding through the city.
BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT
Release: October 14, 2014
Developer: Rocksteady Studios
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Platform: PS4, Xbox One, PC
Plot: In the explosive finale to the Arkham series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever.
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "safe harbor" provisions. CBM will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please contact us
for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. You may also learn more about our copyright and trademark policies HERE