Tim Burton's Frankenweenie Plot Revealed
Johny Depps not in it :O.
Now today disney has decided to reveal the official synopsis for tim burtons upcoming film Frankenweenie , which will be done using stop-motion animation, filmed in black and white, and rendered in 3D. It is set to hit theaters on October 5th, 2012.Below is the official plot and a few notes from worst preview
Plot: A heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life — with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor's fellow students, teachers and the entire town all learn that getting a new "leash on life" can be monstrous.
* When Tim Burton originally conceived the idea for "Frankenweenie," he envisioned it as a full-length, stop-motion animated film. Due to budget constraints, he instead directed it as a live-action short, released in 1984.
* "Frankenweenie" follows in the footsteps of Tim Burton's other stop-motion animated films "Corpse Bride" and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" — both of which were nominated for Academy Awards.
* Over 200 puppets and sets were created for the film.
* The voice cast includes four actors who worked with Burton on previous films: Winona Ryder (Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands), Catherine O'Hara (Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas), Martin Short (Mars Attacks!) and Martin Landau (Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow).
* Several of the character names — Victor, Elsa Van Helsing, Edgar "E" Gore and Mr. Burgermeister — were inspired by classic horror films.
Read more: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=20671&count=0#ixzz1E4SUTYpk
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE