SDCC '13: Fox 'X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST' Panel Confirms Wolverine Is Sent Back In Time + Footage Reactions
Here's a description of the X-Men: Days of Future Past footage shown at San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) which confirmed the identity of the time traveler and confirms Peter Dinklage as Bolivar Trask.
- Huge applause for the Marvel logo coming across the screen. We begin with Xavier's voice (Patrick Stewart), then quick flashes of Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Storm (Halle Berry), Iceman (Shawn Ashmore), Rogue (Anna Paquin), Kitty (Ellen Page), a "glimpse from the past." Bishop (Omar Sy), Thunderbird (Boo Boo Stewart) and Blink (Bingbing Fan) who looks straight out of the comic book. "Side by side to end this war before it ever begins," says the voice of the Professor. Wolverine is sent back into his younger body by both Xavier AND Magneto. Old Xavier says "I was a very different man. Lead me, guide me, be patient with me." Wolverine says, "Patience is my strongest suit." Lots of action Mystique shots, she's kicking ass. It's even Magneto vs. Mystique at one point! "We need you to hope again," old Xavier says to his younger self. Crazy applause.
- Evan Peters introduced himself as Quicksilver and said, "I'm really fast." Peter Dinklage said, "I am Bolivar Trask."
- Jennifer Lawrence said she's "getting closer to the [villainous] Mystique she's going to be."
- Singer said he loves working with an ensemble, there's "a lot of interesting people and things to cut to." Specifically of directing again, "It's wonderful to return to this family and work with these new people."
- Hugh Jackman said it's 2o great movies in one, and that he's "so honored to be a part of it."
- Halle Berry wants to know why Storm doesn't get any romance. "Is she asexual in the comics?"
- Jackman said this morning he walked around the convention in his full Wolverine costume and no one recognized him. Got one "not bad" comment from a fan and that was it.
- Anna Paquin reflected, "I got cast in this role when I was 13, and it feels incredible to be back."
- Stewart said this is the cast he feels closest to outside of his Star Trek peers. McKellen added, "I feel safe in California now that you've gotten rid of Prop 8 [which got a thunderous applause]. I'm looking for a husband, nice to meet you, Michael," and then he turns and looks down at Fassbender.
- Ellen Page's turn to talk. "When I did the first one I had never been on a set that size or scale so it blew my mind. I never expected to play Kitty again," she said.
- Bryan Singer says Deadpool is a possibility for future X-Men movies but he's not in DOFP when responding to a fan question.
- Quicksilver will be a character in the 1970's portion of the film.
SDCC '13: Jeff Wadlow Talks 'X-FORCE', Says He's 20 Pgs Into First Draft
Bryan Singer Says DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Is Not Just A Sequel To FIRST CLASS Or X-MEN 3
Latest X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Production Tweet Reveals Beast And Wolverine
Analyzing X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
"Days of Future Past" is a popular storyline in the Marvel Comics comic book The Uncanny X-Men issues #141 and #142, published in 1981. It deals with a dystopian alternative future in which mutants are incarcerated in internment camps. An adult Kate Pryde transfers her mind into her younger self, the present-day Kitty Pryde, who brings the X-Men to prevent a fatal moment in history which triggers anti-mutant hysteria.
The upcoming sequel to X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men: First Class is officially titled X-Men: Days of Future Past and will be directed by Bryan Singer, director of the first two X-Men films. Several actors from the past of the franchise are confirmed to return, including Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Halle Berry (Storm), Ian McKellen (Magneto), Patrick Stewart (Professor X), Anna Paquin (Rogue), Shawn Ashmore (Iceman), Ellen Page (Shadowcat), Daniel Cudmore (Colossus), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), and James McAvoy (Professor X). Newcomers Peter Dinklage (Trask) and Omar Sy (Bishop) have also joined the cast along with Fan Bingbing (Blink), Booboo Stewart (Warpath) and Evan Peters(Quicksilver)."
Running Time: Filming in progress
Release Date: July 18, 2014
MPAA Rating: Not yet rated
Starring: Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Peter Dinklage, Nicholas Hoult, Ellen Page, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Anna Paquin, Halle Berry, Daniel Cudmore, Shawn Ashmore, Omar Sy
Directed by: Bryan Singer
Written by: Matthew Vaughn (screenplay) Simon Kinberg (screenplay) Chris Claremont(comic book) John Byrne(comic book)
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE