The Future of Smallville!
How will the CW bring and end to one of their longest running and most popular TV series without loosing millions of viewers and fans? Your answer is here!!!
Smallville is finishing up their ninth season and getting ready for season number ten. Although it is still considered as a highly successful series, It's statistics are consistently decreasing. People, including myself, are getting tired of seeing a Clark Kent that can't fly. Being the hardcore fan that I am, I looked into possible solutions. A recurring theme seemed to be the idea of a "Spin-Off". So I did some research and came up with 5 story concepts that I believe have to potential to keep Smallville's fans and the shows legacy alive.
1. This is by far the easiest for the CW to go with because they already have Justin Hartley signed and they have key characters that are already established in the Smallville universe. I decided to cast Stephanie Jacobsen as "Shado" the antagonist. The writers would have tons to work with considering that Green Arrow eventually has a child with Shado... Eddie Fyers is the CIA agent ordered to capture or kill Shado. Whether he is a friend or foe to Oliver should be impossible to tell. As far as in the comics, he's been both.
2. I think a Legion of Superheroes spin-off could work. Now this is a bit unrealistic, seeing how there's a cartoon about it that just finished but I think it could really work. Here's how... as a series finale, Clark put's on the legion's ring and BAM!!! That's it... that's all you need people. For those of you who don't know Zilya Popoff is the president(of the United Planets)'s deputy chief of staff. He despises the legion's lack of discipline, respect for authority and their unconventional methods. Kimball Zendak is a member of the Science Police and ultimately becomes the Science Police Commander of Earth. He will help the legion fight crime and save lives as long as they don't break the law to do it. If they do he'll be the first to bring them in.
3. Two extremely popular shows right now is "How I Met Your Mother" and "Madmen". When trying to imagine a Justice Society spin-off, I kept seeing a crossover between these two shows. I knew that having an older cast wouldn't capture the younger fans but what if the story followed a younger JSA? What if Michael Shanks and his friends were the narrators? The whole show could just be flashbacks. So I am currently finishing up the casting but the main characters would be the founding members and their nemesis would be Icicle. I always like to have a character that you're not totally sure which side he's on and that's where Dr. Knox comes in.
4. I watched the attempt at a Aquaman spin-off, it was absolutely great. Why did they cast Justin Hartley to play Arthur Curry rather than give Alan Ritchson a chance to shine? Don't know! What I do know is that I wouldn't change anything else. If you haven't seen it yet, find it and watch it!
5. Although it's kinda late for a Supergirl show, it still could have worked. For anyone that's not a huge fan of this character, Lucy Lane and Kara Kent don't get along. I also threw in Marguerite MacIntyre as Linda Danvers. I figured it would be an interesting twist to have her as a mentor rather than Superman. Gretchen Mol as Brains, would portray a statuesque blond woman that leads a criminal organization called "the Gang". Not a meta-human, however she had a genius level I.Q allowing her to be a brilliant strategist. She would be the main antagonist.
So what do you think? Which Show would you watch?
Legion of Super Heroes
Green Lantern Corps
DC Universe vs Mortal Kombat
Smallville vs The Real World: DC
Smallville Villains Fan Art
Smallville Character Appearances
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE