THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Was The Most Popular Movie Trailer On YouTube In 2012
There are many Top 10 lists released at this time of year, and now YouTube have unveiled their "Top Trailers on YouTube for 2012" list. While Call of Duty: Black Ops II dominates, The Dark Knight Rises is the most popular trailer of 2012 with Skyfall not too far behind.
This isn't your typical Top 10 list in the respect that it features someone's favourite trailers; the data was instead compiled with the use of actual statistics. According to Collider, YouTube have looked at the view count, view rate (how much of the trailer people actually sit through) and organic views of each of the videos below in order to compile this list. As you can see, the latest instalment in the Call of Duty franchise dominates, but Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises is seemingly the most watched (or at least popular) movie trailer of 2012. Surprisingly, Sam Mendes' Skyfall also features heavily in this list, although shockingly there's no sign of such big releases as Marvel's The Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man! What are your thoughts on these results?
1. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II – Surprise Trailer
2. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II – Reveal Trailer
3. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES – Official Trailer #3
4. SKYFALL – Official Trailer
5. TED – Official Trailer
6. THE HUNGER GAMES – Theatrical Trailer #2
7. REVOLUTION – Official Trailer
8. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II – Multiplayer Reveal Trailer
9. SKYFALL – Official Teaser Trailer
10. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II – Launch Trailer
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE