SDCC '13: 'ARROW' Panel Reveals Season 2 Spoilers - Bronze Tiger, John Barrowman And More
Update: The CW's Arrow held their San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) panel today and revealed a few surprises. Bronze Tiger, Brother Blood, and the Suicide Squad all set to appear in Season 2. Read on for details. Press Release details Blood and Tiger.
- John Barrowman is back....at SDCC. He joins the panel but it's left unclear whether Malcolm Merlyn will be returning to the show. He says if asked, he'll gladly come back.
- Bronze Tiger and Brother Blood will also appear in Season Two. Michael Jai White will play Bronze Tiger. Kevin Alejandro will play Brother Blood.
- The Suicide Squad will also appear. Bronze Tiger will be a member of that team along with Michael Rowe's Deadshot.
- As previously confirmed Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Richards) makes improvements to the "Arrow Cave."
- Arrow is going on a journey to take The Hood and transform him into Green Arrow with the help of some "other heroes."
- Colton Hayne's is going to go through is own 'Island ordeal' in season 2 to mold him into sidekick material.
- Paul Blackthorne's character is now a beat cop. Demotion!
- David Ramsey's Diggle will be introduced in the pages of DC Comics and officially become a comic book character. AJ Kreisberg and Ramsey say they're really proud.
- "One of the things we're doing this season is we're telling the beginning of the Black Canary story," says Andrew Kreisberg. He says that the first version may not be Laurel but stresses that it's the beginning of that character's story.
- The panel closes on Deathstroke talk with show producer Marc Guggenheim saying that the opening moments of the season premiere will clue viewers in on where Manu Bennett's character is headed in Season 2.
UPDATE: Per the Press Release -
Michael Jai White plays Ben Turner, a claw-wielding assassin better known as Bronze Tiger, who’s well known to DC Comics fans as a member of both the League of Assassins and the Suicide Squad. On Arrow, he’ll form an unholy alliance with fan-favorite villain China White (played by Kelly Hu), another well-established character in the DC Comics universe.
Kevin Alejandro plays Sebastian Blood. Drawing inspiration from the iconic New Teen Titans nemesis Brother Blood, Sebastian is an alderman who rises to power in the wake of the earthquake that devastated Starling City in Arrow’s first-season finale. Blood’s “man-of-the-people” popularity instantly places him at odds with Oliver Queen, whose family he blames for the quake.
New Love Interest For Oliver In ARROW Season 2
ARROW Season One Blu-ray Hitting Shelves September 17th
ARROW Season Two Will Feature 2 Main Baddies
10 Cameos For The CW's ARROW
Running Time: 60 min
Release Date: (Season Two) October 9th, 2013
MPAA Rating: Tv-14
Starring: Katie Cassidy, Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Byron Mann,
Colin Donnell, Colin Salmon, Paul Blackthorne, Emily Bett Rickards, John Barrowman, Roger R. Cross and Willa Holland
Creators: Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg
Characters: George Papp (character) and Mort Weisinger (character)
"After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. When he returns home to Starling City, his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, and best friend Tommy welcome him home, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While Oliver hides the truth about the man he’s become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was. Most particularly, he seeks reconciliation with his former girlfriend, Laurel Lance. As Oliver reconnects with those closest to him, he secretly creates the persona of Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory. By day, Oliver plays the role of a wealthy, carefree and careless philanderer he used to be – flanked by his devoted chauffeur/bodyguard, John Diggle – while carefully concealing the secret identity he turns to under cover of darkness. However, Laurel’s father, Detective Quentin Lance, is determined to arrest the vigilante operating in his city. Meanwhile, Oliver’s own mother, Moira, knows much more about the deadly shipwreck than she has let on – and is more ruthless than he could ever imagine."
: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct
. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "safe harbor" provisions. CBM will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please contact us
for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. You may also learn more about our copyright and trademark policies HERE